• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

On Calibrating Pictures in A/V System

rajapruk

Patreon Donor
I use the DVE blu-ray to try to set some basic parameters more right.
Gray-scale I use my eyes for.
I have a Infocus IN83 projector, that is not possible to set colors right I think. But now I have an old Samsung A800b on its way. Those are supposed to be possible to get very correct.
10 year old SOTA 1080p dlp projectors are dirt cheap now, and I have a thing for them :)
I paid like $100 for a working Samsung a800b, that is crazy value.

Mittomen

Well, whatever floats your boat. I did try to make my LG 50PK350 plasma perfect, but it was impossible so I settled to an approximately good and I'm satisfied with it.
But the problem with our eyes is similar to our ears, both are connected to our brain (https://www.datacolor.com/business-solutions/blog-business-solutions/why-cant-we-agree/).
One should be able to find a second hand i1Pro for cheap on ebay, as these devices are usually bundled with color copiers and your local printshop might have several unused ones.