• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
(price is with tonearm and other stuff )
what do you guys think ?

"K3 has been a seven year project to create and redefine state of the art for vinyl playback. We wanted to set a new mark for the turntable, forming an international collaboration with the world's top experts in direct drive turntable design, motor control, and tonearm technology."
921acorrn.oma3.jpg
921acorrn.oma2.jpg
Screenshot_20210830-104334_Instagram.jpg
921acorrn.promo_.jpg

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It makes me think of the Guggenheim Museum under construction.

I guess the only way to know the upper $ limit of the vinyl playback market, is to keep raising the prices until sales dwindle to irrelevance. Until then, it represents American jobs, and a boost to GDP.

MAB

Major Contributor
what do you guys think ?
Obscene.
I think this is designed by people, and for people, who never actually operated a turntable.

First, dust and dirt are an enemy of records and styli. This ignores that.
Second, have you ever seen an audiophile operate the tonearm on one of these plinth-free towering infernos (without even a finger lift on the tonearm, can they make it any harder???)
Third, it looks horrible. Comparing it to an erector set is insulting to kids.;) My old Luxman PD-444 looks way better.

Also, it is outperformed by a vintage Technics.

Todd k

Forum Donor
(price is with tonearm and other stuff )
what do you guys think ?

"K3 has been a seven year project to create and redefine state of the art for vinyl playback. We wanted to set a new mark for the turntable, forming an international collaboration with the world's top experts in direct drive turntable design, motor control, and tonearm technology."View attachment 319303View attachment 319304View attachment 319305View attachment 319306
Looks like the Guggenheim Museum and cost about as much as some of the paintings.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
A $100 CD player will run circles around it in audible/measurable performance and one would have $359,900 dollars left to use for anything else besides pouring your money down the drain.
[emphasis added]
Not if the CD player would be used to play a record, though. Pretty sure the OMA would do a measurably better job of that. Audibly better, too.
I am just saying. :cool:;):facepalm:

drewdawg999

I think it's butt ugly and the epitome of excess. It's very heavy so you need the special matching table from OMA, also expensive and ugly. Fremer has a prototype and slapped a $50,000 tonearm on it, pitted it against a Techdas here:
I don't think either needle drop sounds all that great, couldn't tell all that much difference between them on my Truthear Zero Reds. There is a slight difference though and I guess I would choose the K3 if I had to.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Also, be sure to check out the motor they use.

(I don't wanna spoil the potential surprise.)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A $100 CD player will run circles around it in audible/measurable performance and one would have $359,900 dollars left to use for anything else besides pouring your money down the drain.
But that CD player would not be strikingly ugly. For that, you must pay.

Top Bottom