• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
may i suggest putting this one on your xmas wishlist?
tumblr_nugufoECDz1sa11jco1_540.gif

Proper tools for a proper job! You know how foot nails change when you pass 50!

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Does not work with Makita batteries, does it?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ta240

Major Contributor
A sierra LX to use as a center channel on its side. I'd have built something but she likes the finish from ascend better....

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oe, I did get something cool for my daughter for Sinterklaas: a SonicWave Liven Lofi-12 sampler. I picked up a 2nd had one for a very nice price:
lighter

It even has a 12-bit mode and does max 24k sampling :cool: Sounds amazing though. It's truly magical how much DSP fairy dust you get for the money :eek: I'm pretty sure she won't use all the functions of the device just yet, but should give her a fun experience discovering music-making.
@voodooless Here's a little add-on that could be fun. Only two days left on the $40 for $1200 of software sounds bundle deal. These guys are for real, not scam, a charity.
Also

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
During the woke pc decades, mandatory sensitivity-training for TecnicalStaffMembers included taboo on using the words "you guys" during meetings.
I hated being PoliticallyCorrect, so I adopted to intentionally use 'Uze Guyz' in meetings... and got away with it!:facepalm:

Last edited:

ta240

Major Contributor
...and she's buying?
This was actually what she wanted.
When speaker shopping she'd say things like "those sound good, but what about the bigger ones next to them"

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
I already bought
1.Jico SAS/B and a hyper elliptical for my Shure V15 IV
2. And this test record to measure cartridge VTA
1702487863401.png

1702488008910.png

3, and I am getting my Denon DP-51F recapped
And then my 25Y anniversary/xmas gift from my employer company is spent

Preordered this knife in green titanium.

got too many fingers?

Last edited:
OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Is your use-case solely for audio testing purposes (for such a 'waveform' generator)?
It appears that the default loading on the RF (BNC) inputs is 50ohms. Its bandwidth extends out to 30MHz and it provides some complex (built-in) modulation capabilities.

I've got a UTG962E, same unit except 60MHz. The 932 can be hacked to 60MHz anyway.

It's great for a small, benchtop USB connected and full PC controlled (optional if you want- see virtual control panel images below) AFG. Switchable 50R or High Z, lots of relays and it works really well. Small AFG memory which is volatile- so no persistence with a waveform you created.

1702526853744.png

1702526940072.png

THD is good enough for non-critical benchwork/repair work, but not useful for serious audio testing. see here:

Last edited:

Multicore

Major Contributor
At the moment it looks to me as if I can no longer please anyone in the forum with my answers. Bad times! :(;)

Out of interest, because I wanted to know what it was actually about, I googled it and saw the price. In the end, it's probably more about the sound of these guitars. Isn't it?
I once had a Yamaha acoustic guitar with steel strings myself, but it was a simpler model.
Wish me luck. I'm driving to Long Island today to get this job done and I hope to come back with something inspiring. I made a video of me playing and discussing the FG9 M and may share it with y'all if you're nice.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
A Neurochrome Modulus-686 Safe-n-Sane (built by Tom Christiansen) for me and a Bernina 535 for my wife. I think we’ve got the next 10 Christmas holidays covered.

Top Bottom