• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

Nango

Major Contributor
What about the Sony Mh755. It's cheap and follows the Harman curve pretty closely.
You rarely will find nowadays the genuine MH1(C) or the MH755 with their 2x tips (white+orange or black+green) inside two linen bags, accept no plastics bags or other colours as they will be fakes despite how cheap they were.

jonfitch

You rarely will find nowadays the genuine MH1(C) or the MH755 with their 2x tips (white+orange or black+green) inside two linen bags, accept no plastics bags or other colours as they will be fakes despite how cheap they were.

Even the ones shipped from Japan? Kind of blows my mind though that there is motivation to fake a $7 IEM lol

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Don't remember such tips with MH755? One's I have ware with Sony SBH 51 black/black.

DanTheMan

@DanTheMan

Would you care to explain what those "red filters made for the "Bean" are? and where to get them?

Thanks!!
sure:
https://www.etymotic.com/er38-50bn.html

you can actually get knowles filters as well for a little less from aliexpress.
you can see their effects in this screen shot. They come with the green filters installed. There’s a selection of different impedances you can purchase.

Attachments

• 3BA844DF-0FF1-447C-9861-E94451AA9856.png
    3BA844DF-0FF1-447C-9861-E94451AA9856.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 121

Nango

Major Contributor
Not willing to pay additional $200 for something just like "Crinacle Approved" or similar so ....... which could be the closest option to these Blessing in terms of SQ and not inferior to Meeaudio's P1 or Fiio F9 Pro or IT00/IT03 pls?????

Last edited:

bb8

Not willing to pay additional $200 for something just like "Crinacle Approved" or similar so ....... which could be the closest option to these Blessing in terms of SQ and not inferior to Meeaudio's P1 or Fiio F9 Pro or IT00/IT03 pls?????

If I'm understanding correctly, your budget is around $100? Starfields meet that criteria of closest option to Blessing 2 in terms of SQ for much less $$. Reason I say is they follow a similar tuning which is part of why they sound so good. I think they're more similar than different. Have not heard the Fiio F9 Pro, but the measurements actually look pretty good in comparison though. I'd give those a try if they're on your list.

Nango

Major Contributor
Actually around 300$ if it is an upgrade to all those mentioned. Only thing is I dont want to fuel the hype with the Crinacle Tuning thing. But OK, Starfields may be an alternative! Thanks.

bb8

Actually around 300$ if it is an upgrade to all those mentioned. Only thing is I dont want to fuel the hype with the Crinacle Tuning thing. But OK, Starfields may be an alternative! Thanks.

Hm well $300 gets you into the Fiio FH5 territory. Alot of people seem to like them. Also thought the LZ A7 was an interesting option because they allow you to adjust the tuning to your preference. They were also pretty hyped up on headfi though. Will agree with you there is a lot of hype in the headphone market. I do feel like it's justified to a degree with the Blessing 2's. However, I will say my ears have taken some abuse over years so YMMV.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Crinacle tuning to the Blessing 2 added only $10. I heard an interview. In reality the Crincle tuned version is cheaper as i gets mailed from China, and cheaper as no tax is collected.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

RHO

Major Contributor
Legacy 5 is much better value, forget the Crinacle hype.
Well, your choice. But they do sound amazing.
If you don't want the best, I would go for the L4 instead of the L5. From what I read it is actually the better sounding of the 2.
I'm actually considering the L4 myself as an addition to my still very small IEM collection.

Top Bottom