• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

not happy with final e4000

So let me start by saying my pallette is not experienced with iems and headphones in general. Im starting to learn how to describe what I want. The first decent iem. Ive bought is the tin t2 pro. Seems quite polarizing on its treble from what I read. I actually think this is the type of tonality I prefer. I wanted to experience what else was out there so I tried the final audio e4000 and damn...i have to eq the CRAP out of it to even sound like im in the same galaxy as the music. Just no presence at all. I went back to the tins (which had an eq on them before I heard the e4000) and now I can run it flat and I'm happy! Funny how you dont know what you dont know....i like a bid more treble, but I dont want to sacrifice some bass either for electronic/metal. Any of you that have listened to the e4000 offer a suggestion on what to try thats more up my alley? I was 50/50 on the e4000 and fiio fh9 pro, so I may still try. Thoughts?

DosThou

Got the E5000 myself and they're about the tamest sounding IEM I've ever heard lol. It could work (and it did work on some people evidently by their high ratings), but yeah you really have to hate your treble to like those.

I'd personally recommend the Flares line, especially the new Pro 2 HD. Probably the easiest phones (fullsize or otherwise) to listen to differences between chains, on both mastering line and end-user line I've ever heard. They still sound fun with some really great bass when needed to (as some people seem to believe that being flat means having no bass regardless of mastering or something). I think Flare Audio offers 30 day return program so if you live where you can easily send them back without incurring tax fee, give it a try.

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So let me start by saying my pallette is not experienced with iems and headphones in general. Im starting to learn how to describe what I want. The first decent iem. Ive bought is the tin t2 pro. Seems quite polarizing on its treble from what I read. I actually think this is the type of tonality I prefer. I wanted to experience what else was out there so I tried the final audio e4000 and damn...i have to eq the CRAP out of it to even sound like im in the same galaxy as the music. Just no presence at all. I went back to the tins (which had an eq on them before I heard the e4000) and now I can run it flat and I'm happy! Funny how you dont know what you dont know....i like a bid more treble, but I dont want to sacrifice some bass either for electronic/metal. Any of you that have listened to the e4000 offer a suggestion on what to try thats more up my alley? I was 50/50 on the e4000 and fiio fh9 pro, so I may still try. Thoughts?
I tried all of Final E lineup , except maybe the E5000 because i only demoed it shortly .

Final E4000 is quite neutral and natural , and in many people's case , it could be considered boring and unexciting like you mentioned . Tin T2 Pro on the other hand has very bright treble and is one of the more sibby iems i can think of , so if that's your more preferred taste it's understandable that you find it lacking something :p . I personally would rate E4000 way above F9 Pro , but if you consider Fiio please listen to their newest iems like FH5 and FH7 , i think they are solid iems and could suit you :)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those Final E4000s sound like just like the sort of IEMs I would like.....

Fregly

The Tin2 pro had the most exaggerated treble I've experienced in a headphone.

Top Bottom