• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Noob bragging area (here's what I've got so far!)

jooc

Hi fellow home audio newbies and relative newbies.

I want to brag about what I've put together so far but everyone else here on this forum understandably has better stuff already, so I hope to impress a few fellow noobs and hear about what you're doing!

The result of my budding genius and black Friday scrounging over the past couple years:

Upstairs hall: WiiM Mini --> AudioEngine D1 DAC --> SMSL DA6 (Infineon MA12070) --> Sony SCS5
LR: Television --> FX Audio DAC-X6 --> Fosi BT30D (TPA3116) --> Sony SCS5 + Yamaha 8'' SW
FR: WiiM Mini --> SMSL SU-1 DAC --> Fosi BT30D Pro (TPA3255) --> Triangle Borea Bro3 + Yamaha 8'' SW
Wife's Lego room: WiiM Mini --> FX Audio DAC-X6 --> Aiyima A07 (TPA3255) --> Emotiva B1+
My wfh area: WiiM Mini --> SMSL SU-1 DAC --> IOTAVX SE3 integrated (a/b 45wpc) --> Triangle Borea Bro3 + Yamaha 8'' SW

The WiiM Mini is everywhere because it allows synced multiroom streaming to whatever I stack under it, and as you can see I think it's fun to stack different things under it. I think the most expensive things here so far were the $350 IotaVX (black friday) or the $400 Triangles, so I think I'm being responsible and giving my family wonderful audio throughout the house or so I tell myself.

Enough about me what are you folks doing?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like several fun setups to me! I am not familiar with the Triangles but my broad impression is that there are higher-performing speakers around the same price point. But if you are happy with them and looking to avoid upgradeitis I might leave them where they are except for the main system. :)

Since you asked, for my own burgeoning WiiM/Fosi whole-house setup (we have that in common!) :

Main room:
Turntable -> Schiit Mani 2 -> WiiM Pro ->
LG CX TV + WiiM Mini -> KEF LS60 + 2x KC62 subs

Guest room:
WiiM Mini -> Fosi BT20A -> B&W 602 S2

Outside:
WiiM Mini -> Fosi V3 -> JBL Control X

Office:
Topping DX5 -> JDS Atom -> Audeze LCD XC
[PENDING] + Genelec 8030 + Sunfire Sub

I am getting rid of some NC500 monoblocks and some B&W DM2000s so until I sell those, the Genelec funds are tied up. :D

I am also going to add another WiiM setup to the basement with some random Bose bookshelves that washed up, once we clear it out from our move-in. Have only been in the house about 4 months and the unpacking continues...

OP
jooc

jooc

Looks like several fun setups to me! I am not familiar with the Triangles but my broad impression is that there are higher-performing speakers around the same price point. But if you are happy with them and looking to avoid upgradeitis I might leave them where they are except for the main system. :)

Since you asked, for my own burgeoning WiiM/Fosi whole-house setup (we have that in common!) :

Main room:
Turntable -> Schiit Mani 2 -> WiiM Pro ->
LG CX TV + WiiM Mini -> KEF LS60 + 2x KC62 subs

Guest room:
WiiM Mini -> Fosi BT20A -> B&W 602 S2

Outside:
WiiM Mini -> Fosi V3 -> JBL Control X

Office:
Topping DX5 -> JDS Atom -> Audeze LCD XC
[PENDING] + Genelec 8030 + Sunfire Sub

I am getting rid of some NC500 monoblocks and some B&W DM2000s so until I sell those, the Genelec funds are tied up. :D

I am also going to add another WiiM setup to the basement with some random Bose bookshelves that washed up, once we clear it out from our move-in. Have only been in the house about 4 months and the unpacking continues...

Those LS60s are probably just incredible. You definitely have some serious speakers there, nice.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those LS60s are probably just incredible. You definitely have some serious speakers there, nice.
They're the first speakers I've had where you can easily tell that the room is letting the speakers down, even after an adjustment period. I constantly feel there's a bit of clarity that's not making it all the way to my ears. With past speakers, I didn't sense that.

They're awesome, and now I am faced with the toughest WAF challenge of all, which is getting acoustic treatment into the living room / dining room / kitchen. :D

I found a killer deal on them, and my wife said "just get them, but you're not allowed to talk to me about speakers ever again" and I figured that was the best offer I was going to get. ;)

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
We have a 1916 home, so I also have several setups, some using vintage amps/receivers, some modern. I share your love for the WiiM mini, it's just a great thing.

Living room: Currently using a Yamaha CR-240 as power while a Kenwood amp gets repaired, Yamaha TT, Wiim Mini, Sony Combo DVD/CD/SACD player, JVC cassette, ADS L520 speakers
Dining room: SMSL AO 100 line/BT amp, JVC cd deck, Nakamichi BX-125, Kef Coda 7 speakers
Workroom: Amp varies frequently (currently using an Onkyo TX-8511 for the 100 watts), AT 120 turntable with microline stylus, Marantz CD-63 MK II deck, Marantz Pro PMD-502 cassette deck, JDS Atom+ DAC, ELAC 6.2 speakers, nearfield listening
Bedroom: Currently Aiyima A07 amp with a 36v brick (Fosi V3 also in play sometimes), Nakamichi CD player, Harman/Kardon cassette, BT receiver all connected with an A/V switcher for quick source changing, Paradigm Titan V1 speakers
In the summer, I set up a sunporch system that can play out to the backyard or patio just beneath via windows.
Half the fun is in the rotation and seeing what sounds good with what...

DanielT

Major Contributor
Wife's Lego room: WiiM Mini --> FX Audio DAC-X6 --> Aiyima A07 (TPA3255) --> Emotiva B1+
Shouldn't your wife have::);)

For those speakers, you probably need to add ..::)

DrWYn58f8c4dj0ULVt9GxVzu3YTcNAlB4f26jTL5BPY.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
No comment on the hifi(s), @jooc -- but I do have to mention one thing.
Your avatar.
Every time I see it, e.g., in my peripheral vision, I am thinking I am seeing the long time "mascot" of the defunct (but rebooted, at least sort of) National Brewing Company of Baltimore, MD (and my youth). Their mainstay brew, which fueled the labors of thousands of steelworkers (many Eastern European transplants to the US) in East Baltimore in the days of Bethlehem Steel in Sparrows Point, was called National Bohemian, and the mascot was known as Mr. Boh, or, like the beer itself, Natty Boh.
1704577940166.jpeg

1704577787204.png

1704578053975.jpeg

PS National Boh was (and presumably is) pretty terrible stuff.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No comment on the hifi(s), @jooc -- but I do have to mention one thing.
Your avatar.
Every time I see it, e.g., in my peripheral vision, I am thinking I am seeing the long time "mascot" of the defunct (but rebooted, at least sort of) National Brewing Company of Baltimore, MD (and my youth). Their mainstay brew, which fueled the labors of thousands of steelworkers (many Eastern European transplants to the US) in East Baltimore in the days of Bethlehem Steel in Sparrows Point, was called National Bohemian, and the mascot was known as Mr. Boh, or, like the beer itself, Natty Boh.
View attachment 340156

View attachment 340155
View attachment 340157

PS National Boh was (and presumably is) pretty terrible stuff.
Some friends of mine moved to DC after they graduated college, I heard a lot about "natty boh" back then...

OP
jooc

jooc

Shouldn't your wife have::);)

For those speakers, you probably need to add ..::)

View attachment 339953

I've shared this with my wife, and now I may have a new project :)

OP
jooc

jooc

Lego room!?!?!?

Pictures, please!

Here's a snap of one corner showing the massive audio stack sitting on the Emotiva speaker. There's another set of shelves with finished sets like that in the other corner behind camera, and then the other two corners have unfinished sets. Those were scrap particle board/Douglass Fir 'temporary shelves' until I made somethng better but I haven't got around to that yet. And I especially won't now that I have to make a Lego subwoofer.

1704766462959.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It seems to me that I remember this photo for a long time. But just yesterday I read what the cabinet maker's wife said :cool:
I'm a one-trick pony (hope that's not too colloquial).
Yes, that story is absolutely true, and was met with much amusement by my wife & me.

OP
jooc

jooc

Is that a shinkansen I espy poking its little blue-and-white shout out of the next-to-top shelf?

Nope it's an airliner:

1705274946152.jpeg

Here's the entirety of the current builds if you can make anything out, apologies for the mess but further org needs to wait for real shelving

1705274979237.jpeg

Top Bottom