• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No Computer, flexible, high end multiroom streaming setup questions

OP
J

jeffme

Forum Donor
Why do you think high resolution over and above CD Red Book sounds better? There is preciously little evidence that it does.
Totally agree, but there's always the voice in the crowd / household looking for the "warmth" of vinyl / old school audio. At least with > redbook, I can say, "Hey, babe... unless you want to flip records, this is "better" than CDs..."

Raindog123

Major Contributor
….there is also Auralic with their Lightning DS (LDS) house ecosystem. Decent [rather expensive] DACs and streamers that some/many adore…. On the flip-side, I do not think Auralic has the critical mass to develop and maintain the [LDS] software for true state-of-the-art smart-home control and integration. But look at it.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I used musiccast for a while (Yamaha wxa50) and even hardwired streaming music from Qobuz and usb sticks was super unreliable.

Audio would suddenly start skipping. Some songs would only play around 30 seconds before skipping to the next song.

Since I'm using streammagic by Cambridge I have zero issues.
I don't think most of it whose MusicCast related, the 30 sec is provider limit without paying them at least I didn't had much problems and when I did it whose related to WiFi antenna. It is a bit slow but it works.

SKBubba

Yeah, I'd just like to decouple the streaming endpoint / ecosystem dependency and upscale the amp quality.

If you discover such a system, let me know.

Anyway, sounds like roon should be at your core, with varying degrees of endpoint/amp/speaker quality at your remotes, where SQ is apparently as important as it is at your main rig MLP. But, that probably means wired endpoints, and no voice control.

The unicorn may be out there. Who knows?

Top Bottom