• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

News flash: First " new fundamental technology in audio since the 1970's"

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Love is all we really have. Caring for others in family, friendships, work, and community, is the priority. I do my best to make people happy, as much as possible.
Mark Levinson
He's a saint! But I'm keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket :D

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So who's going to buy the system and send it to @amirm so he can pop the M1 Reference Speakers on his Klippel and the Maria 800 on his Audio Precision analyzer? ;)

Martin

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For that kind of money I would rather have a Porsche.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Maintanance of properties in and around Venice are not cheap.
Why shcould these products be?

D

Deleted member 48437

Uh huh. They may be looking for salesman.
Me, Venice? No way. The food sucked there and I paid $200 for a half hour tourist ride on the gondola. That is more than Madame Lulubell charges at the Mustang Ranch!

D

Deleted member 21114

In summary, digital cannot be measured on an analog scope. It just doesn’t have the resolution.
Are you under the impression that if you had a higher (or infinite) resolution 'scope you could see a staircase?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Measure brain waves and not oscilloscopes for the truest measure of digital vs analog signals.
It's only January 10th and we already have a great candidate for the wackiest quote of the year. We truly live in the best timeline.

OP
J

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measure brain waves and not oscilloscopes for the truest measure of digital vs analog signals.
All we need is fMRI. Then we can see how those pesky digital bits mess with our brains! :oops:

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All we need is fMRI. Then we can see how those pesky digital bits mess with our brains! :oops:

Ha, caught you. You are Tsutomu Oohashi , renowned discoverer of the hypersonic effect, as well as a savant of "environmental science, information science, Kansei engineering, production engineering, molecular biology, artificial life, and anthropology".

I claim my 50 quatloos.

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It’s usually informative to look up the actual patents or patent applications instead of guessing and imagining. I did this looking to find out what is the MIT cable’s magic boxes. Try it. Here is the Daniel Hertz patent application. Basically EQ and a bit of reverb. The amp is doing a tiny bit of remastering.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s usually informative to look up the actual patents or patent applications instead of guessing and imagining. I did this looking to find out what is the MIT cable’s magic boxes. Try it. Here is the Daniel Hertz patent application. Basically EQ and a bit of reverb. The amp is doing a tiny bit of remastering.

Holy crap, it just gets better.

The patents reference health benefits as measured by the Avatar health system.

I googled that:
It's more snake oil. "Electro accupuncture according to Voll"... Quote from the site:

From a quantum view, life emerges from a quantum potential field and when a person suffers from a disease, that disease is only possible because of various holodynes (or information systems) that are giving off frequencies that create a field in which diseases flourish. Healing must include transforming this field and that can only be understood from a quantum perspective. The potential for health already exists enfolded within the quantum potential field. Health is about being in harmony with life.

giphy.gif

The site has testimonials from homeopaths.

Absolutely stunning... it's snake oil all the way down.

"Your measurement equipment is not resolving enough" and "quantum physics"

Don't laugh, apparently they take quantum physics... well, "seriously" is not the word but apparently it has something to do with why this system is supposed to be good.

egellings

Major Contributor
I avert eyes whenever I see the word 'quantum' used for any purpose other than for the complex physics it involves. I do not understand that physics since I have no formal training in that field.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I avert eyes whenever I see the word 'quantum' used for any purpose other than for the complex physics it involves. I do not understand that physics since I have no formal training in that field.
Don't worry, neither do they.

radix

Major Contributor
There are many practical quantum effects and equipment nowadays. Really, a magnet lifting an object is quantum (relies on electron spin), as in classical dynamics a magnetic field can do no work. There's atomic clocks, quantum antennas, quantum gyroscopes, and more. Those are all real, tangible things that only work because of quantum engineering. But none of it really matters for audio.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
There are many practical quantum effects and equipment nowadays. Really, a magnet lifting an object is quantum (relies on electron spin), as in classical dynamics a magnetic field can do no work. There's atomic clocks, quantum antennas, quantum gyroscopes, and more. Those are all real, tangible things that only work because of quantum engineering. But none of it really matters for audio.
Some do:

33747.jpg

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Over on Ars Technica, they have a nice 7 part guide to quantum mechanics focusing on where quantum effects become noticeable/usefull in meatspace.

Top Bottom