• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEW SUB TODAY!!!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and sophisticated 50 MHz DSP is very nice. I especially like the cel tel app for DSP. The USD $599.00 is good too. It is selling in Canada for $829.00

OP
Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
That 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and sophisticated 50 MHz DSP is very nice. I especially like the cel tel app for DSP. The USD $599.00 is good too. It is selling in Canada for $829.00
Yeah, I know 325 watts may not seem like a lot of power for some but as a guy who's never owned anything over a 100 watts I feel pretty strong in that dept.

Really looking forward to using the app too as I have never done any room measurements before.

FWIW anyone can download the SVS app and use it to measure their room. I'm not sure what that looks like as I haven't done it yet. And obviously you can't filter as it only works in conjunction with the sub.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
325 watts may not seem like a lot of power
325 watts is 325 watts... Lotsa wattage but yeah those new monster subs are outrageous in power output. I noticed the sub you bought has many positive reviews.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The best subwoofer is a second subwoofer.

OP
Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Also, though it was listed as being on the delivery truck yesterday the delivery was rescheduled for today.

wah wah wahhhhh

Tatr76

Keep us updated after it comes. I want sub and for fairly small room and have been gun shy as don't want an expensive behemoth that swamps me in bass and is overkill but also don't want to be disappointed and waste money on upgrading if left unsatisfied, so your real world experience would be appreciated as like the look of 1000 pro.

OP
Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Keep us updated after it comes. I want sub and for fairly small room and have been gun shy as don't want an expensive behemoth that swamps me in bass and is overkill but also don't want to be disappointed and waste money on upgrading if left unsatisfied, so your real world experience would be appreciated as like the look of 1000 pro.
I'm not going to be able to get it set up today unfortunately as we have recently had some painting done and I had to disassemble some of the system. So that will be tomorrow and I'm happy to post about set up, sound quality and room eq app. If I miss anything you're interested in knowing please ask away.

What I can tell you now is that the fit and finish on the unit seems really nice. I opted for the vinyl black oak as I really didn't care to pay the extra hundred for the black piano gloss. It looks fine and if I want to have an art project to spice it up in some way I won't think twice about it.

Bonus SVS t-shirt included the package!

Tatr76

How did it all go? If too busy enjoying the music not to worry :)

Soundstage

Curious to see how you integrate it within your system? Do you have a AVR?

OP
Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
I like it a lot. I don't think I have it completely dialed in. I keep playing wit the phase, volume and filter. I don't have any room correction yet so I'm assuming that there will be another level of integration once I have that.

Plus I'm not sure on placement yet and need to buy a longer set of interconnects to position along the long side of the room where I have a fairly unobstructed run of 45ish feet and really let this thing air out.

For me, being able to hear what I was missing on the lower end adds a depth to some music that compliments it beautifully. There are instances though where that lower level sounds tricked up...a little overbaked if you will. Some of that I think is just those recordings but some of it I suspect is a lack of integration still.

I think dollar for dollar I'd be hard pressed to find another addition that so easily makes this kind of a positive impact. Maybe room correction will but for now this is my pound for pound champ.

Top Bottom