• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Aiyima TPA3255 or TPA3116?

SIFTBB

Hello I am new to hifi audio and have recently purchased the Aiyima A07 amp. I like it but wish it had more features like a remote. A friend of mine told me that Aiyima was going to release a new amp in the near future and possibly a new TPA3255 or TPA3116. Has anyone heard anything regarding this? Any idea if the features? Which would be the preferred version for best sound? Thanks for any info!!

Last edited:

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi SIFTBB,
There are a few Aiyima amplifiers which come with remote.
I am using Aiyima T9 Pro and A07 Pro myself and these are going strong without any issues and sounds really good.

Aiyima T9 Pro, TPA3250: Look at this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...dac-tube-pre-amp-tpa3250-amplification.43603/

A few others amplifiers with remote:
Aiyima T9
Aiyima D5

You also can add a pre-amp or a dac with remote to control volume before amplifier and keep amp to a set volume.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
The SMSL AO100 is a nice little amp that has a remote, line and Bluetooth, but it does use one of the Infineon chips rather than a TI 3255. It does not play as loud as the Aiyima A07. It is nice for casual listening where you don't want really high levels. Has a nice digital volume controller rather than a standard pot.

I made a number of homebrew 3116 amps about 5 years ago, they were good at the time but I think the current amps with 3251 or 3255 chips are better, overall.

Also keep an eye out for Fosi's lineup - I think they plan to expand on their V3 amp with new things fairly soon, I would be surprised if they don't get a remote into the mix pretty soon.

Pareto Pragmatic

Hello I am new to hifi audio and have recently purchased the Aiyima A07 amp. I like it but wish it had more features like a remote. A friend of mine told me that Aiyima was going to release a new amp in the near future and possibly a new TPA3255 or TPA3116. Has anyone heard anything regarding this? Any idea if the features? Which would be the preferred version for best sound? Thanks for any info!!
I have heard both 3255 and 3116 amps, and without a doubt the 3255 is better.

Aiyima D03 is ok, that's a full featured 3116 unit. I have one on my office desk. USB/coax/optical/bluetooth/rca in, subwoofer out, remote and tone controls. It is fine for low volume office listening, but not nearly the quality level of sound you get from the 3255 amps out there. This might work for you. My wife liked it, I obviously still use it.

I have no knowledge, but the DO3 is getting pretty old. Aiyima might do one with a 3255 soon. I assume Fosi will be adding features to 3255 amps in the near term.

You can add a preamp with remote and volume controls to an amp, that might be the best way to go. I see some options for $70-100. Or you could get a DAC with volume control, the Topping E30 ii has a remote and can be used in preamp mode ($150 usually). I have a Fosi v3 and Topping E30 ii combination I am using at home now. Both measure very well, and I like the sound. Consider that type of combination.

Let me put it this way, $140 for the DO3, or $240 for the fosi v3 and topping E30ii? For the extra $100, you will have a far superior system in terms of sound, and give up some input options. I think spending the extra money, if you can, will give you a much better taste of "hifi sound". If money is very tight, and you have not listened to 3255 chip amps for any length of time, the DO3 will probably satisfy you.

Guddu

I heard from internal friends that they upgraded the original A07 again. The performance is greatly improved compared to A07, and there are also functions that have never appeared on AIYIMA products

Here is a quick look at new Aiyima 3255 amp:

IMG_1224.png

AndreyBuchin

When are they announcing this one? Happy to see the side vents...not as good a design as the Fosi V3 perhaps, but would make it easily stackable, I guess...
Maybe the front is easy to collect dust, so they choose side openings for ventilation.

Jeromeof

Forum Donor
I heard from internal friends that they upgraded the original A07 again. The performance is greatly improved compared to A07, and there are also functions that have never appeared on AIYIMA products
Yes I also heard Aiyima have a new amp coming soon. Looking forward to see how well it measures, the original A07 got me into class D amplifiers a few years ago. In fact, most TPA3255 based Amps from Aiyima have been pretty great, it just a matter of deciding how much extra functionality you want over the original A07 model. I personally like these amps to have minimal feature set but have a super clean sound and the A07 had that so hopefully this new model continues that tradition. Competition is great and I imagine this amp is Aiyima answer to V3.

Aiyima D03 is ok, that's a full featured 3116 unit
The D03 is not based on the 3116 chipset - it uses a TAS5624a chipset and I think it's pretty good as a cheap integrated amp (except for the RCA input is pretty bad). I have been using it for a few years in the "playroom" as an alternative to using a soundbar with optical output from my TV and USB input from a steamer still sound great but would love to see a new version of that device maybe with more control over the subwoofer crossover. It's sort of the opposite end of the scale to the A07 where it has tons of features (display, remote, lots of imports, subwoofer output etc) instead of minimal feature.

Pareto Pragmatic

The D03 is not based on the 3116 chipset - it uses a TAS5624a chipset and I think it's pretty good as a cheap integrated amp (except for the RCA input is pretty bad). I have been using it for a few years in the "playroom" as an alternative to using a soundbar with optical output from my TV and USB input from a steamer still sound great but would love to see a new version of that device maybe with more control over the subwoofer crossover. It's sort of the opposite end of the scale to the A07 where it has tons of features (display, remote, lots of imports, subwoofer output etc) instead of minimal feature.
I would have sworn when I got one a bit over 2 years ago it was 3116. I probably mixed it up with some other chipset in an amp I was considering, but I suppose they could have changed the chip. Likely my memory, so note to self: check specs don't rely on old memory.

About the RCAs. Mine failed after a few cable swaps, like 20 or so when it started to get sketchy and then a few more before total failure. The RCAs connect to the board with a 90 degree foil connection. That was the failure point for mine, so I touched them up. It looked to me like being less than gentle with cable swaps stresses that joint, so maybe if you are handy with a soldering iron, try reflowing those and see if the sound improves.

I doubt I will use them again, but it is nice to have that option.

Pareto Pragmatic

Are you sure the label is D03?
This is Aiyima D03.

I'm sure. Looking at it right now.

If I can find the box and the spec sheet is in it, I'll check for the chip, but it's likely my memory. Details aren't as secure over time as they used to be.

Guddu

It looks a lot like the back panel of the A07, I like this side vents,it's reasonable

Some more info:

Blair

I heard it's an upgraded model of TPA3255, some bloggers got the news that it will be online soon , this vent has a nice design.

Top Bottom