• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann MA1 and LCR (3x)KH80 and KH750

Ron78

I have 3 KH80 and 1 KH750 here and would like to calibrate them with the MA1.

For your information, I have everything connected to a Meridian 568.2 in normal operation. I use the Tascam US-1x2HR for stereo calibration, which also works well.

My first question is, can I also calibrate the KH750 separately? When I select stereo with bass management during calibration, no sound comes out of the KH750, which is probably due to the fact that it is not connected to the Tascam sound interface. I assumed that the KH750 plays its own sounds for the calibration. What is the best way to wire it up so that I can continue to use my 568.2 with crossover and run the KH750 on full-range LFE? In other words, how do I initially measure only 2 KH80s and the KH750? Not to mention the centre, which is probably not even possible with the MA1 software, i guess.

Thanks and Greetings Ron:)

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
You don’t measure it separately. The intention is to measure them together to determine the overall performance. I have mine KH80 connected to the KH750 and the 750 to my audiointerface (2 channels). The manual describes this quite well as far as I remember, although it has been almost 2 years I calibrated them.

OP
R

Ron78

I know that, but I have 3 KH80s in front and I don't want to run the (2x) KH80s through the KH750, what's the point if you can calibrate them and phase etc. can also be calibrated with the KH80s without being connected to the KH750, or am I misunderstanding something? Because the non-DSP KH line from Neumann belongs to the KH750DSP, that's clear.

Top Bottom