• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need Help in setting up a 2.1 Desktop System

mdkanakakis

Hi folks! So as the title says, i need some help with my first budget 2.1 audiophile system.
What i have in mind, based on my budget is these:
1) Dali Spektor 1 speakers (maybe spektor 2, whatever amir will review, but space is big concern)
2) Topping e30 dac from my pc
3) Icepower 125x2 at ghent case as an amp with volume control
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICEPOWER-2...176933?hash=item1cbaa0aea5:g:YLMAAOSwy2pbq1dM
4) Wharfedale SW150 subwoofer.

So, i read a lot of posts about lfe vs speaker level inputs etc about how to connect the sub to the system. Amir and others here suggest lfe but others say that with high level the sub integrates better to the system.
So what i have in mind is this: PC -> Topping e30 with usb -> Subwoofer input RCA -> From Subwoofer output to Amp input with RCA. I also read that it's best if used an fmod high pass filter at 70 or 100hz and connect it straight to the amp rca. Can anyone please verify if my thinking is correct and/or suggest something else. As you can see, my budget is roughly 700-850€ for this system and i really hope that it can play crisp and say loud, cuz i had some logitech crap in the past.

Thanks a lot guys
Best regards
Newbie Mike

OP
M

mdkanakakis

Could this work as an alternative for an active 2.1?
A pair of adams t5v with t10s subwoofer, with the topping e30 and esi moco as volume control? Connected like that?

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_221950.jpg
    IMG_20210104_221950.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom