• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need an advice on a new DAC

OP
S

Seriosha

Hi

Welcome!
I will suggest these:
Get the JDS Lab Atom amp. One of the best on the market, regardless of price. It will cost you $99. I know of it because I use it. It can power most Headphones on the planet... be they low or high impedance... It will power your Monoprice to unhealthy, I stressed that part, unhealthy both for your hearing and perhaps the headphones. With no noise and no distortion. The darn thing is silent even with IEM.
2) Download EQ APO HERE APO
3) Download PEACE which is a GUI for the above HERE
4) Visit the Oratory 1990 Reddit with the settings, the MonoPrice is probably there ...

You will be happy... no need to change the DAC, yours is decent and audibly transparent, It will take some time to master but it is worth it.

Peace.

Thanks but already got on order, and patiently waiting, a Topping L30. Being in Italy it is much easier to get than an Atom or a Geshelli.
As for the equalization I already done that, got the APO running and recently dicovered here https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...2d9/results/custom/Monoprice Monolith M1060Ca suggested equalization that transformed the headphone pretty nicely, sound much better now, my model was not listed in the Oratory list.
As for the DAC still considering if the change is worth it, will see after the amp arrives.

Technically

Well the IDSD is USB powered, anyway the difference is there...not sure i like it more than my tube A class "distortion rich" Little dot.
By the way has anyone got an opinion on the Audio GD A2 headphone amp?
Well I was ALSO, badly, judging this headphone amp/preamp by the bad reviews the Audio-GD had before until I heard one, I was stunned by the sound quality and imaging of this Class A amp.
I totally recommend Audio GD A2.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not entirely true, some distortion might sound really pleasant, you need to give them a try ;)
No, my statement was entirely true. That some might like the distortion doesn't change the fact that a product won't get a good review here if it produces high distortion. Which all of their products reviewed here do. Hence distortion boxes.

In the eyes of amirm and a good portion of the membership here, the fact that they charge hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that performs far less well than devices at a tenth of the price makes them overpriced too.

I hear tell that their "new breed" perform far better in which case the company or owners of said kit I'm sure would be welcome to send to @anirm for testing.

Technically

No, my statement was entirely true. That some might like the distortion doesn't change the fact that a product won't get a good review here if it produces high distortion. Which all of their products reviewed here do. Hence distortion boxes.

In the eyes of amirm and a good portion of the membership here, the fact that they charge hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that performs far less well than devices at a tenth of the price makes them overpriced too.

I hear tell that their "new breed" perform far better in which case the company or owners of said kit I'm sure would be welcome to send to @anirm for testing.

Well; the headphone amplifier Audio GD A2 belongs to the new breed, I can't tell for the old products because I never heard one.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well; the headphone amplifier Audio GD A2 belongs to the new breed, I can't tell for the old products because I never heard one.
I look forward to seeing it measured here.

Top Bottom