• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need a DAC/Amp Recommendation

SparkyBoy

Trying to consolidate my setup and add a remote for convenience. I currently have the Zen DAC powering my HE-560 v4 using a pentaconn balanced cable. I also have a SMSL M8A v3(ES9038Q2M) with a SMSL DA-8S that power my Def Tech StudioMonitor 55s. The Zen DAC is definitely underpowered for the HE-560 v4 unless I use the gain and then they sound fine between 2-3 oclock on the volume knob.

So far the only two solutions that caught my are the FiiO K9 Pro which isn't out yet or the iFi NEO iDSD. I do use all three digital inputs. What other options am I missing or should I just keep waiting for the K9 Pro?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location.

Edit: Definitely posted this in the wrong section, sorry!

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Trying to consolidate my setup and add a remote for convenience. I currently have the Zen DAC powering my HE-560 v4 using a pentaconn balanced cable. I also have a SMSL M8A v3(ES9038Q2M) with a SMSL DA-8S that power my Def Tech StudioMonitor 55s. The Zen DAC is definitely underpowered for the HE-560 v4 unless I use the gain and then they sound fine between 2-3 oclock on the volume knob.

So far the only two solutions that caught my are the FiiO K9 Pro which isn't out yet or the iFi NEO iDSD. I do use all three digital inputs. What other options am I missing or should I just keep waiting for the K9 Pro?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location.

Edit: Definitely posted this in the wrong section, sorry!
Welcome Aboard @SparkyBoy.

Top Bottom