• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nakamichi Dragon 11.4.6 Home Surround System

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I had the distinct honour and privilege to hear this in person, this wonderful piece of audio gear. Yes, the movies were as you'd expect, thrilling. But for me, it was the classical music pieces that absolutely took my breath away! The customization is second to none. The bar itself is a one piece stainless steel. Look at the tweeters. We all know you don't and won't find them on a regular soundbar. Although Nakamichi is hoping that this will... replace a standard speaker set up. Us diehards know that is not the case. I'm looking forward to getting one for this one main reason. Our dedicated home theatre system only gets turned on to play discs, everything else, aka streaming gets done through a soundbar system. I also love the fact that 99% of manufacturers will not chase this. So, you end up having a piece of gear that 7.6 million others will not have. Of course I look forward to bringing it home, and me and the wife run it thru the ringer. Because mind you, at that asking price, it needs to exceed even our highest expectations! Happy listening.
Roon correction?

Dragonballz

Have you ever owned a previous dragon? I have heard or owned the cassette deck, turntable and cd player. They were leagues above and beyond anything ever offered. The price point for one was 2000$ in the 80’s (8-10k in todays money) and I can assure you that if it’s a dragon, it will be superbly groundbreaking. I’m fortunate to say I secured a limited edition two days ago. Spent 20 minutes of the 30 minute window hitting a link until I finally got a slot to purchase. I get it in August. I’m selling my 4 klipsch dolby atmos towers rp-280fa, center channel and 15” subs along with my marantz 7013 avr which I absolutely love, I have a smaller space now and spec-wise I’m not sacrificing anything. The klipsch setup costed me 7700$ in 2016. So 3744$ tax included was a no brainer. I will sell the avr and klipsch for less than half. And break even on the dragon. Never doubt the power and quality of a dragon.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you ever owned a previous dragon? I have heard or owned the cassette deck, turntable and cd player. They were leagues above and beyond anything ever offered. The price point for one was 2000$ in the 80’s (8-10k in todays money) and I can assure you that if it’s a dragon, it will be superbly groundbreaking. I’m fortunate to say I secured a limited edition two days ago. Spent 20 minutes of the 30 minute window hitting a link until I finally got a slot to purchase. I get it in August. I’m selling my 4 klipsch dolby atmos towers rp-280fa, center channel and 15” subs along with my marantz 7013 avr which I absolutely love, I have a smaller space now and spec-wise I’m not sacrificing anything. The klipsch setup costed me 7700$ in 2016. So 3744$ tax included was a no brainer. I will sell the avr and klipsch for less than half. And break even on the dragon. Never doubt the power and quality of a dragon.

They were indeed superb. I hope the revived Nakamichi (they were going belly up and were bought by a Chine company) lives up to that legacy with this new product. Please report! :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The latest specs mention calibration. That means some kind of room correction may be present after all.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
I have a home theater that I’ve spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on and years building, but I’m actually considering this. As “lazy” as it may seem, the room is not exclusively used for home theater and having 11 speakers, 2 subs, a processor and multiple amps seems a little overkill at this point in my life. I’m going to wait a bit after launch to see what people have to say about it, but if it comes remotely close to a traditional HT it’s something I might try.
I am thinking along the same lines! I would love to simplify my small bedroom setup!

JaccoW

Yes, I'm diving into cassettes for fun and that one seems to be the most sought after model around for its sound quality.

Source: Wikipedia where it has its own page

Top Bottom