• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My original Klipsch Promedia 4.1 died, what should I do with them?

What should I do with them?

• Speaker surgery, gut them and inspect the innards for kicks

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Try to get them repaired to a working state by mfr

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Throw them out completely and be done with it

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bust3r

As the title says, I'm not sure what to do with these. All of the speakers still work but the amp section is toast. This set I got back in 2002, its the original system with dual 6" subs.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Could try getting new amp plates. Why throw them in garbage and create more waste?

cgardnerma

As the title says, I'm not sure what to do with these. All of the speakers still work but the amp section is toast. This set I got back in 2002, its the original system with dual 6" subs.
Here you go. There are some known common issues with these (very good in general) amps and subwoofers. There are both repair kits available and a very highly rated amp repair service on eBay. The amp repair person has over 6000 reviews at 100% rating. Very unusual for eBay! I'd start there.

OP
B

Bust3r

Here you go. There are some known common issues with these (very good in general) amps and subwoofers. There are both repair kits available and a very highly rated amp repair service on eBay. The amp repair person has over 6000 reviews at 100% rating. Very unusual for eBay! I'd start there.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wow, that's amazing. I got mine in (I think) 2001 and the paper subwoofer rotted away a long time ago. Usually I prefer to repair/donate but I had a surplus of gear and clutter and I had was in a very stressed out time in my life so I wound up simply tossing it, unfortunately.

Really wonderful sounding speakers relative to anything I had heard at the time. Much respect for you to repairing it rather than tossing it.

I'm wondering if they changed the subwoofer design at some point, switched away from a paper woofer?

Last edited:

exm

I highly recommend this guy. He fixed my amp 8 years ago and it’s still going strong.

Top Bottom