• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Spent the last few weeks getting my video system, lighting, etc. all done.
Just by looking at this interview, I’d suggest changing the lightbulbs in the vicinity to Daylight (5000K), makes the videos look much nicer.

I actually changed every single lightbulb in and outside our house to Daylight, and I love it, especially for the kitchen. I never got the comments of people saying it’s cold feeling, it’s the same color (in fact, actually warmer) than if I opened the blinds on the windows during the day.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Great interview btw, thanks a lot for that!

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well done Amir; everbody needs to embrace the video platform eventually imo. (unless you have previously done videos, then apologies). The "yout's" aren't reading forums as much today.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amir, wearing the ZX110's in the video?
That I am! I debated what to wear and just don't like the look of giant headphones on my head. The Sony's did the job very well as I completely forgot I had them on. We actually spent almost an hour dealing with technical issues so all in all, it was 3 hours of use and that was the headphone for the job.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just by looking at this interview, I’d suggest changing the lightbulbs in the vicinity to Daylight (5000K), makes the videos look much nicer.
Well, those are ornamental accent lights on the side wall. There is a large array of ceiling lights with much cooler temps that provide regular lighting. For my face, I had a large panel light with proper color temp. I could make it brighter but then it would cause too much eye strain.

But yes, the color temp was pretty wrong for the background so I may have to break down and change the accent light, or use aux lighting for video.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well done Amir; everbody needs to embrace the video platform eventually imo. (unless you have previously done videos, then apologies). The "yout's" aren't reading forums as much today.
Yeh, no doubt about it. I myself watch a ton of reviews online as I go to bed.

Reactions: 617

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I debated what to wear and just don't like the look of giant headphones on my head.

Should have gone retro and wore a pair of big Sony Boodoo Khan headphones!

Best warning sticker on headphones ever.
boodoo khan (Medium).jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
i need your first review on youtube to be titled something extremely clickbaity. “$9 Sony DESTROYS $3000 abyss diana headphone. Review by ASR. Must See!!!.”
:) It sure would create a ton of traffic! To do it right, I would have to leave out the names and really force them to click! Man am I tired of "5 things you need to know...." clickbaits....

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The very existence of this site (ASR, that is) creates "a ton of traffic!" :)

... now I do have to watch the video! :rolleyes:
(after dinner tonight!)

Thanks @HionHiFi !

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Nicely done to you both!

I'm interested in the replies. You are certainly controversial in the audio world, so great choice for Thomas for a first interview.

HionHiFi

:) It sure would create a ton of traffic! To do it right, I would have to leave out the names and really force them to click! Man am I tired of "5 things you need to know...." clickbaits....
Before your post...

“Ummm :rolleyes:, what will my next YouTube video be about??? "5 things you need to know about Audiophiles.”

After your post...
“My next YouTube video will be about.... "Top 10 Lies in Audio.”

It’s been brilliantly done before by Peter Aczel in his The Audio Critic publications. I hope I can honor his work while offering a fresh take on the topic and package the content for a new generation of Audiophile who prefer video to the written word. Hopefully, I can play a teeny, tiny part in the fight for credibility by focusing on science instead of the ridiculous claims charlatans in the marketing departments of audio companies.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
@amirm , surely you have a pair of Sony MDR-R10s in the attic someplace from your Sony days, you could have worn instead of those $9 things? ;)

The KING of headphones.
scan514.jpg

PS. Great interview BTW. :)

HionHiFi

Nicely done to you both!

I'm interested in the replies. You are certainly controversial in the audio world, so great choice for Thomas for a first interview.
BDWoody,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for watching the video.

I hope to bring on other objective based Audiophiles with great stories to tell, entertain, and just shoot the shit. If things go well, maybe I’ll attract subjective Audiophiles with well reasoned arguments (is there such a thing in this situation) to have a moderated debate with an Objective Audiophile. Would that be cool?

Top Bottom