• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moving house…

Tokyo_John

Forum Donor
This is my entire system, cables included, all packed in boxes (except the March power amp, which is already out of the box). I’m glad that I saved my boxes! It is difficult to imagine moving the KEF LS50 Metas and KC-62 without them.

1644982740596.jpeg

When the rest of the furniture arrives, I very much look forward to setting it up in the new listening space, running Dirac Live correction, and tweaking the room. I already installed hefty curtains behind the area where the speakers will go, but may need to do some bass-taming or tweaking placements depending on the initial results.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is my entire system, cables included, all packed in boxes (except the March power amp, which is already out of the box). I’m glad that I saved my boxes! It is difficult to imagine moving the KEF LS50 Metas and KC-62 without them.

View attachment 186950

When the rest of the furniture arrives, I very much look forward to setting it up in the new listening space, running Dirac Live correction, and tweaking the room. I already installed hefty curtains behind the area where the speakers will go, but may need to do some bass-taming or tweaking placements depending on the initial results.
If you setup on the long wall you'll maybe be ahead in the process. :D

OP
Tokyo_John

Tokyo_John

Forum Donor
Well, I set it up even as the movers were hauling stuff into the house…I couldn’t wait. Turns out the head mover liked the same music.

So far, it is just incredible, this is what I’ve been hoping to achieve in a small home system for a long while, and here it is! My LS50s used to be on a shelf backed against a concrete wall. Now there is ample space behind and around them…wow! The sub and mains are crossed over at 60 Hz, I could probably go higher since the sub is right in the middle and location effects aren’t going to show up for this placement until somewhere above 80 Hz-ish…at least I can experiment to find out. I’ve been playing with the toe-in angles on the speakers, tweaking to get the maximum holographic imaging with the raw system. Then I’m going to do a Dirac room calibration, and begin snuffing out resonances and such.

Top Bottom