• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies you like but others not !!!

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Ah, yes! The hour of the pig. I won't say much, see this movie:
39BZiouT6jsZHq2bW4xsncAjMf1.jpg

killdozzer

Major Contributor
+1. I've always loved that movie.
Second variety by K. Dick. I always thought it speaks volumes on what the most dangerous enemy looks like. The one mimicking what is most precious to us.
Same strategy used by this little old lady to detour our lovely Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth with David Bowie:
1637421035008.png

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

Nightcrawler is a 2014 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Dan Gilroy in his directorial debut. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Louis "Lou" Bloom, a stringer who records violent events late at night in Los Angeles and sells the footage to a local television news station. Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed, and Bill Paxton also star

Riz Ahmed is getting another british award this year.

I liked this movie but many don't....

Nighcrawler-still-04.jpg

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Nightcrawler is a 2014 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Dan Gilroy in his directorial debut. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Louis "Lou" Bloom, a stringer who records violent events late at night in Los Angeles and sells the footage to a local television news station. Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed, and Bill Paxton also star

Riz Ahmed is getting another british award this year.

I liked this movie but many don't....
O, I really liked this one.

storing

Forum Donor
These 2 are too shocking for some to even watch, but have something about them which make me like them because they present the darkest possible nature of some people. As in: a lot of what goes on in there could actually, and has, happened. And I've had vivid discussions with others about them. As such these in my opinion really go far beyond the often-heard complaint 'this is just written to be controversial'. The first one is defnitely the best overall; the last one, I admit, was hard to watch and left me in a crushed state. Which is exactly what i liked about it.

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
A Serbian Film

Somewhat less shocking apart from one particular scene, but visually stunning and quite recognisable for those who ever experimented with hallucinogens.

Enter the void

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess my favor flick pic in this category would be Conan the Barbarian, 1982, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Earl Jones, and Sandahl Bergman whom I personally found pretty hot :p.

Directed by John Milius. It does get 6.9 on IMDB; I think this is generous but I supposed it's because of people like me who simply find it a hoot.

conanthebarbarian1982.jpg

Last edited:
OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

POMPEII - Milo, a slave turned gladiator, falls in love with Cassia. Things take a turn when she is betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator and he has to fight against time to save her.

I liked this movie !!! what about you guys ??

Kit harrington (famous Jon Snow is working on another project "Extrapolations")

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

Geostorm is a 2017 American science fiction disaster film directed, co-written, and co-produced by Dean Devlin, Featured Gerard Butler

I liked this movie, but got less IMDb rating.

Gerard will be seen in upcoming action, thriller movie Kandahar

killdozzer

Major Contributor
1638629276956.png

Ah, yes. Mr. Palance in a bit of D&D action. When I was a kid, I must've seen this film 200 times. OST score is terrific. Looks like the compositor learned from Morricone and took that to synth.

Dogen

Forum Donor
Everyone else hates this, but there are many stupid funny moments that made me laugh.

1638629860638.jpeg

Honken

I haven't managed to convince any of my friends that Neil Breen is a genius. Any fans of his works around here?

Snafu

Enter the Void
Bunraku
Valhalla rising
Happiness
the House that Jack built
Punch-drunk love

MikeT

There was a movie by the name of LXG" The league of extraordinary gentleman". I watched it in 2006 or 05.
In 2020 I recommended it to my friend but he discredited my choice. I don't know what happened! I still love that film.

Top Bottom