• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice thx 365 center worth it for 240€?

dualimas

hey everyone quick question,
looking for a new center (have the 2 way elac dcr52, but not that great) and all the well reviewed from amir ones are not up for sale here in europe, the only one i saw mentioned in some threads was the monoprice thx 365c and strangely enough, a few days ago amazon started selling them, including a 40% voucher, even though monoprice germany dont sell them themselves according to their website, the only other german music vendor has them for 640€, is it a mustbuy for 240€ on amazon? are they any good?
thank you

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When audioholics.com measured the THX 365C they concluded: This response from this center speaker is very good and places it among the best center speakers we have measured to date.

beren777

I have the T and C here, I've been thinking of asking @amirm if he'd want to measure them and what the current turnaround time is. He's already measured the in-wall version of one, and Audiophile does already have measurements on their site. If he measures and it confirms Audiophile, they'd be a great lower cost option. Especially when on sale.

punosion

Forum Donor
Hey @beren777, I've been talking with @amirm to get the T and the C measured, along with a 265B. I'm fairly close to him too, so please save your shipping money and efforts. ;) I'll probably get them to him sometime early next year...

I only had them running for about 3 weeks, so I don't have much of a subjective review to post. I boxed them up because they weren't a good fit for the room and the space I have, but I liked them enough to hold onto them instead of bothering to return them, if that impression is of any value... :p

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I've wondered if 3-way really makes a difference in the same price range. There are even more expensive centers that aren't 3-ways.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hey everyone quick question,
looking for a new center (have the 2 way elac dcr52, but not that great) and all the well reviewed from amir ones are not up for sale here in europe, the only one i saw mentioned in some threads was the monoprice thx 365c and strangely enough, a few days ago amazon started selling them, including a 40% voucher, even though monoprice germany dont sell them themselves according to their website, the only other german music vendor has them for 640€, is it a mustbuy for 240€ on amazon? are they any good?
thank you

I have the Monolith 365C and it's a great performer. No complaints here. It's been in my Denon 4700 home theatre for the last 2 years. It's a great value compared to the other alternatives I priced with similar performance.

beren777

I've had them (365T x2 + 365C) for over a year in the home theater along with the Monolith 12" subwoofer. I just suffer from trysomethingelseitis so I'm often moving them around to evaluate another combination, but they end up back in place. Going to be testing out some Revel F36's with a M16 for the center. Last time I tried was with a M106 as the center, and I felt the 365C was better for the center channel. My room is more of an issue and I should invest time there on improving the room instead of electronics and speakers. Or maybe I also need to grab another 12" Monolith sub while it's on sale, but I am hoping to see a deeper cut on them towards Christmas.

Top Bottom