• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP Flex vs. Dbx DriveRack PA2

ErLan

Hello forum,

I am running a 2.1 system (Yamaha RV 485 +Kef LS50 + Whearfdale WHD10), DSP-ing via. EQAPO.
I am in a journey to upgrade my power system to a higher quality (& power) one.
Several threads bring up MiniDSP Flex/SHD wired to a poweramp as a good option.
Nevertheless, I do not have a local miniDSP dealer which make the overall purchase price (and later on servicing?) less appealing and fairly expensive (incl. Import taxes ~700$)
I looked at similar alternative and came out with dbx driveback pa2 which seems on par (except for the DAC); nevertheless consulting a local dealer, he did not have any experience with it for home settings (only offices, halls, etc.) and therefore hesitant to recommend (and sell :))

In scope of that,
1. Do you have any experience with the dbx for home correction? Is it on-par to minidsp-Flex alternative better/worst?
2. Do you know whether dbx need a preamp signal or is it good with a typical dac output?

Many thanks!

Top Bottom