• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Minidsp Flex Stability Concerns

dguillor

Forum Donor
I am considering using a Minidsp Flex 8 to replace an analog filter crossover in some DIY speakers that I built twenty years ago. I would change the speaker from a 2 way MTM to a 2.5 way. I have a concern that, if the Flex programming changed, that it could damage the tweeter. Has anyone ever had this problem of a Minidsp DSP changing its filter spontaneously? Thanks for your time.

javajaws

I've got an SHD, Flex, and a C-DSP 8x12. Never had any of them lose their settings once set in the unit. You're much more likely to run into "human error". Some things to do to prevent that: 1) Make sure all outputs are disabled on any profile you don't use/plan to use (so when you accidentally select it nothing will play), and 2) Keep the outputs off (or physically disconnected) while you are tweaking things until you have double checked your settings.

Only problem I have ever had was with my C-DSP which does not have proper low voltage protection (or mine is faulty). My battery went dead once in my Jeep and the C-DSP fried my tweeters when I turned the ignition on. That happened about 6 years ago though so hopefully they have fixed that.

dkinric

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Had the Flex since it came out and not once has it malfunctioned or done something weird. Hardware and software are rock solid for me. There are direct access buttons on the remote to change among 4 of your correction presets, but I have never accidently pressed one.

OP
D

dguillor

Forum Donor
Thanks for the answers. I will move ahead with the project.

Top Bottom