• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of TDA1541 by Cyxchen

FireLion

@WolfX-700 besides measurements how do these sound? I have been looking at some of these NOS boards and contemplating getting a finished DAC. The one I am looking at appears to be very well finished with the TDA1541A and different to the regular DIY boards.

I have heard some positive things about the PCM1704.

Veri

Master Contributor
@WolfX-700 besides measurements how do these sound? I have been looking at some of these NOS boards and contemplating getting a finished DAC. The one I am looking at appears to be very well finished with the TDA1541A and different to the regular DIY boards.

I have heard some positive things about the PCM1704.
Which TDA board are you looking at? I have an older Audial DIY build and it sounds simply, good. Not inferior to modern ones basically.

FireLion

Which TDA board are you looking at? I have an older Audial DIY build and it sounds simply, good. Not inferior to modern ones basically.

Here is a pic and basic specs, I'm also looking at a quad pcm1704 board.

FEATURE
*The PCB uses the IC: TDA1541, TDA1315(or CS8421) and SAA7220, Amanero Combo384
*Output Opamps use NE5534/5532 (or JRC5534/5532) set

SPECIFICATION
1. 16 bit DAC for Hi-Fi Audio
2. S/N can attain 110dB
3. 8x oversampling frequency
4. 2Vpp peak to peak output voltage
5. THD: <0.001%

s-l400.jpg

kostyliusz

Hello. I am interested in purchasing this dac. Is it possible to bypass the analog output stage on operational amplifiers with an analog output stage on electron tubes? If so, where on the decoder board do I have to connect. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Veri

Master Contributor
Hello. I am interested in purchasing this dac. Is it possible to bypass the analog output stage on operational amplifiers with an analog output stage on electron tubes? If so, where on the decoder board do I have to connect. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The original poster here is not a seller of this DAC so he can't help you. Also no, you cannot replace the op-amps with tubes, that would need a redesign of the circuit.

kostyliusz

Veri, thank you for your answer. I know that the author of the thread does not sell this dac. I'm going to buy it and I wanted to make sure if I could use the analog section from another project using the tda1541a chip.

Veri

Master Contributor
I know that the author of the thread does not sell this dac. I'm going to buy it and I wanted to make sure if I could use the analog section from another project using the tda1541a chip.
Ah, I see. I'm not sure that is feasible since it is such a small PCB board, with most components stuffed quite close. If you do attempt it I wish you the best of luck :D

Top Bottom