• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Gustard X26 Pro Dual 9038 Pro By L7Audiolab

linger63

Just picked up this X26pro DAC and can confirm it is one very fine audio instrument. I always thought my Oppo UDP-205 DAC sound good but this little guy is a clear step up. Absolutely no digital edge that I can hear. I have not spent much time with the new R2R DACs but somehow I thing this new Gustard DSP solution with dual ESS9038PRO chips will give them a run for the money?

I have an X26pro MQA and OPPO 205 as well and totally agree with you.
The 3 filter settings are quite audible too and there should be one that suits a certain system best.
I also previously had a Denafrips Ares II R2R DAC which sounded veiled to me regardless of OS and Filter settings.

Hope Amir gets hold of a Gustard X26pro MQA for review soon as I would expect it to measure extremely well based on what we are hearing!!!!

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fine Swiss watches are engineering marvels too. Not that they are more accurate than quartz watches.

Will I buy one? Maybe. But I will not do it because time is more "organic" from a mechanical watch.

foxtrot

Hope Amir gets hold of a Gustard X26pro MQA for review soon as I would expect it to measure extremely well based on what we are hearing!!!!

It makes no sense for Gustard to measure electrical parameters. Because the analog part is made on discrete components. Any analog devices based on discrete components are inferior in measurable parameters than analog devices based on integrated devices such as closed-loop op-amps.

Red@

It makes no sense for Gustard to measure electrical parameters. Because the analog part is made on discrete components. Any analog devices based on discrete components are inferior in measurable parameters than analog devices based on integrated devices such as closed-loop op-amps.

The mesurements already exist in the first post, and are excellent to me.

Last edited:

taner

Did you take a look at measurements at first post? I don't remember seeing a "123" number at SINAD section of any other DAC measurements around. Maybe there are but I think 120+ is much more than an inferior number.

foxtrot

Your numbers mean nothing to your ears, if you remove the suggestion factor) Gustard switched to discrete components not because of the desire to improve the measured characteristics, but to improve the sound quality. Since the device is designed for listening to music by a person, and not for conducting electrical measurements in any laboratory. So is my message clear in the opening post?

taner

Any analog devices based on discrete components are inferior in measurable parameters than analog devices based on integrated devices such as closed-loop op-amps.

I'm quoting again.. but making more readable this time.

Red@

Your numbers mean nothing to your ears, if you remove the suggestion factor) Gustard switched to discrete components not because of the desire to improve the measured characteristics, but to improve the sound quality. Since the device is designed for listening to music by a person, and not for conducting electrical measurements in any laboratory. So is my message clear in the opening post?
I am curious if you ever used it before ?
I hope so seeing your strong opinions..

PS: I do own one. My opinion is that it is better in it's delivery than the regular x26 (that had many praises here at asr).

foxtrot

I'm quoting again.. but making more readable this time.

I will convey my idea differently. There was a famous Japanese man who made tube amplifiers. Kondo-san. Ultra-expensive tube amplifiers. Because this amplifier had a supernatural sound. Few can afford to own his amplifiers now. At the same time, the amplifier had a TND comparable to a kettle). (At 1 W power 1%)))

foxtrot

PS: I do own one. My opinion is that it is better in it's delivery than the regular x26 (that had many praises here at asr).

Not yet. This device has not yet reached my country. Old X26 I've heard. On a tube amplifier (single ended tube 801A) and JBL4429 acoustics. But then I didn't buy it. The sound didn't sound too smooth to me. But I made a note for myself. And after Gustard announced the new concept (I have always welcomed this approach, in my auditory experience), I really hope. )

nekky

So, I am a lurker but just joined to pop into this discussion. Just received my X26 Pro today, which I upgraded from the X16 I received less than a month prior... I may be foolish and irresponsible with my money, but I'll be damned if I can't hear a huge differece already in the first few tracks I'm listening to that I know well. There is simply more detail. But I also notice that it is slightly softer, almost warmer or more musical (**I'm sorry, I am new and don't know better adjectives at this point) than the X16. It almost sounds flatter. It is brand new and still cool to the touch, although she is heating up quick :cool: I will report back after further burn in.

Using PC USB into X26 Pro > Singxer SA-1 via XLR > DCA Aeon Open X + Focal Elegia (both running balanced Hart Audio cable systems)

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if both sets of analog outs (rca & XLR) are "on" simultaneously or is its output either/or?

linger63

So, I am a lurker but just joined to pop into this discussion. Just received my X26 Pro today, which I upgraded from the X16 I received less than a month prior... I may be foolish and irresponsible with my money, but I'll be damned if I can't hear a huge differece already in the first few tracks I'm listening to that I know well. There is simply more detail. But I also notice that it is slightly softer, almost warmer or more musical (**I'm sorry, I am new and don't know better adjectives at this point) than the X16. It almost sounds flatter. It is brand new and still cool to the touch, although she is heating up quick :cool: I will report back after further burn in.

Using PC USB into X26 Pro > Singxer SA-1 via XLR > DCA Aeon Open X + Focal Elegia (both running balanced Hart Audio cable systems)

My exact same word for word experience!!!!!!!!
Try the 3 different PCM Filter settings.........I like "Vivid"
Try OS/NOS........I like OS

Red@

Hello guys,
For those who own an x26 pro. Do you think we can somehow rotate the xlr inputs within the DAC ?

Top Bottom