• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurement Microphones & Calibration Files

joeren

I’m on the left side of the learning curve with Room EQ Wizard (REW). To save money I ordered the less expensive Dayton UMM-6, to start with and discovered that they only provide a calibration file for 0º. (confirmed by an email inquiry) The UMM-6 file also includes a phase measurement where the UMIC-1 files do not. I plan on sending it back through Amazon and placed and order for the miniDSP UMIK-1. I was able to download cal files for both microphones, from the serial numbers seen on advertisements. I’m curious about users of the UUM-6 and how they orientate the microphone during measurements. For curiosity, I plotted the cal files to compare them. Inserted here. I will experiment with measurements from both microphones to drill down into the differences.
1680888311396.png

Top Bottom