• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
A Purifi driven speaker with Purifi amps on board? Oh my.
DSP is probably the bigger advantage here but yes it's a very nice potential ;)

I think there is an interesting question regarding how willing the wider "audiophile" market is to accept active dsp speakers despite their advantages.

Last edited:

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sorry not going to get into your obvious provocation LOL. It's erroneous for a number of reasons, but yes I do disagree with Amirs methods (as have others) regarding his subjective evaluations in a purported scientific review context.
It should be fine for adults to have differing opinions even on, maybe especially upon scientific methods.

I wont comment any further on that.

Wait, what?? Provocations? Seriously
Please stick to responding rather than accusing me of something.
So whats the issue with the methods? How come some are fine others are a problem?

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
between bliesma 25 and 34, why did you choose 34? For the lower Xover?
HiFiCompass has measurements:

34A:https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/bliesma/bliesma-t34a-4
25B:https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/bliesma/bliesma-t25b-6

34A has slightly higher sensitivity.

34A starts to beam at 3kHz, 25B starts to beam at 4kHz.

34A has wider dispersion at 10kHz.

34A has more controlled distortion in the 2kHz-3kHz region.

So, unless you really want wide dispersion up to the presence region, there really isn’t much reason to go with the 25mm models.

OdysseusG

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I can't wait to see how you implement the active crossover. I was gonna say DEQX is in your neck of the woods but upon further inspection same country opposite ends means it's much farther than I expected. Anyway, ever play around with one of their units? Maybe a bit pricey to be a perfect match, but would be a nice pairing.

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I can't wait to see how you implement the active crossover. I was gonna say DEQX is in your neck of the woods but upon further inspection same country opposite ends means it's much farther than I expected. Anyway, ever play around with one of their units? Maybe a bit pricey to be a perfect match, but would be a nice pairing.
Im afraid I havent played around with a DEQX unit. There are a number of ways we could go about implementing dsp active options. Requires some thought ;)

mugbot

Forum Donor
Did these see a review at some point? I know there was interest...

mugbot

Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom