• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Spocko

I'm thinking of matching the MiniDSP SHD streamer/DAC with the March Audio P252 amplifier for my dedicated digital streaming stereo setup. Since the SHD has a digital volume control preamp section, I assume this is an acceptable match? Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I figured I better ask anyway!

murraycamp

Forum Donor
Should sound great.

I'm thinking of matching the MiniDSP SHD streamer/DAC with the March Audio P252 amplifier for my dedicated digital streaming stereo setup. Since the SHD has a digital volume control preamp section, I assume this is an acceptable match? Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I figured I better ask anyway!
The SHD spec says it does 4V RMS unbalanced output, which should be fine AFAIK.

Hemi-Demon

Is there a chance that you are going to send a P502 over for testing? I am interested in purchasing one, but hesitant to drop $1,100 without a verification test, since I can't listen to one first.

Voxy

Is there a chance that you are going to send a P502 over for testing? I am interested in purchasing one, but hesitant to drop $1,100 without a verification test, since I can't listen to one first.
I am also interested in the P502 due to space constrains. I am looking for a amp drive a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home.

I had two P502s and a P451 in my cart with my year end bonus burning a hole in my pocket. About 80% of the reason I didn't pull the trigger is the foot dragging on sending amps in for testing, and about 19% concern about shipping times from down under conflicting with my impatience. I got a couple Rythmik F18s to tide me over until March's amps get favorably reviewed here, or the right ATI 54XNC or AHB2 pops up locally. The compact size is a definite bonus.

Indeed, how timely. Measurement quirks kept it from reaching the very top of the NC500 ranks, but it's not remotely like it's broken or anything- excellent measured performance. Gotta say I got lost trying to follow March Audio's post #43, I felt like random words started getting replaced with "screen". I guess this is why I'm buying rather than even thinking of rolling my own.
Two P502s on the way. I'm about to travel for work, we'll see who gets home first.