• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz NR-1200 review

mr-audio

I realize it’s late but that’s the point. The Marantz NR-1200 receiver has been discontinued but new in-box product is available on Amazon and elsewhere for under $400 now. I needed a simple and inexpensive receiver for my garage so I took the plunge and am impressed.

For only $400 you get
- full-fledged stereo receiver with 75w/channel
- 2 sets of speaker inputs, including a zone two option
- several HDMI inputs suitable for TV, game etc
- the full HEOS streaming platform and DAC of course
- A very nice remote
- am/fm tuner (which I wanted and increasingly hard to find)

To me, this is a ripping good deal. Some streaming/DAC platforms (like a BluOS Node) are 400 bucks just for that. It’s nice to be able to have a zone two option so you can play different sources to the different set of speakers.

Perhaps most importantly, it sounds very nice! Again, especially for the price but I would say anything under $1000, this would keep up with sound quality wise.

Quite a Bargain given the amp includes digital streaming and even a nice remote!
IMG_0277.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
M

mr-audio

Not exactly. The 70s lacks AM/FM. And I’m sure it’s improved.

Top Bottom