• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico S5 Mk2?

rickler

There is a set near me that's heavily discounted ($19500), and in like-new condition. Would love to hear about thoughts on these, and how to make them sound great. I called a local Magico dealer, and he said that he'd only ever use Spectral amplification, and only the newer SV models. :rolleyes:

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a set near me that's heavily discounted ($19500), and in like-new condition. Would love to hear about thoughts on these, and how to make them sound great. I called a local Magico dealer, and he said that he'd only ever use Spectral amplification, and only the newer SV models. :rolleyes:

No idea, but good grief if they don't already sound great at $20k (heavily discounted too)....good grief. The particular amplification would be for what particular reason?

Its slightly more than Revel 328Be money at that price (3.5k more). I personally value intangible pride-of-ownership factors like the more exotic driver tech, extreme build quality, US production, dealer support and brand prestige to be worth the additional premium if OP can afford it, especially since they do measure well. OP's mileage may vary.

noobie1

I’ve heard the S5 at various settings. Luxman electronics in one setting - was OK but the dealer kept playing DSD files which I don’t love. They are good speakers but I thought TADs are better at around the same price. The S7’s are another story. Probably the best loudspeaker (driven by McIntosh) I’ve heard in person.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Everything a dealer tells you take with a large pinch of salt, track down the speaker’s impedance characteristics and go from there, Hypex or Benchmark are state of the art and a lot less expensive.
Keith

Top Bottom