• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M9

bkatbamna

This is true, I'm a team of one peasant. (thank goodness for the casters built-in to the Sound Anchor stands)
But remember, yell "release the hounds" only after they're done moving them and you listen to them for an hour to make sure you're happy with the position.

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Found some nearfield frequency response and distortion measurements for what it’s worth

https://audioplanet.kr/2022/05/매지코-m9-측정-리뷰/

looks pretty linear and distortion at 95dB is also really low.
But with a speaker that large I would also like to see distortion at 105dB or more.
For a million bucks speaker it should be able to produce those SPL without any significant distortion but something’s telling me that a 1 inch tweeter wont keep up at those levels…

OCA

Forum Donor
Amir should definetely rotate these in the Klippel device.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Found some nearfield frequency response and distortion measurements for what it’s worth

looks pretty linear and distortion at 95dB is also really low.
But with a speaker that large I would also like to see distortion at 105dB or more.
For a million bucks speaker it should be able to produce those SPL without any significant distortion but something’s telling me that a 1 inch tweeter wont keep up at those levels…
But they're only $750K ;)

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Not that fantastic, bass extension was particularly disappointing especially considering the price the new D&Ds will I expect eat them alive in terms of measurement and SQ.
Keith

Bleib

Major Contributor
It's actually an example of a very clean impulse. Noiseangel is obviously angry. Better use of time is looking at this:

You can auto-translate to English.
This is a clean impulse

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Not that fantastic, bass extension was particularly disappointing especially considering the price the new D&Ds will I expect eat them alive in terms of measurement and SQ.
Keith

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :p:p:p

Axo1989

Major Contributor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Not sure what the facepalm is for, these are £750k ( three quarters of a million pounds) supposedly cost no object designs.
Keith

holdingpants01

Forum Donor

all that money to have such a big hole in the response at the listening position, there are ways around it but not with a such conventional approach. Once again this shows what should be the way forward in hifi - real world performance, not only anechoic one.

juliangst

all that money to have such a big hole in the response at the listening position, there are ways around it but not with a such conventional approach. Once again this shows what should be the way forward in hifi - real world performance, not only anechoic one.
Yeah it’s quite ridiculous. Even for a fraction of their retail price you could get a subjectively and objectively superior system.
But people who buy this obviously have no idea about physics, acoustics and psychoacoustic.
Before getting a few high end subs and room correction they’d rather get monoblocks for another few hundred thousand dollars

juliangst

Not sure I understand
They lack bass?
They have good bass extensions but it’s worthless if the owner gets huge dips and cancellations due to room modes

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reactions: OCA
Top Bottom