• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 and Denton 80’s

Charaudio

I’m about to pick up some Denton 80’s as they are on offer, but I think the a30 may be underpowered. I’m not planning on driving them at high volume. The sensitivity is 86db, 6ohms. Does anyone have this combination, is it ok?

Otherwise, I was thinking I could hook something more powerful like a Fosi V3 to the sub output. Is that a bad idea? I like the Loxjie for the remote, Bluetooth and DAC, so I’d still be taking advantage of those features. Though I suppose I wouldn’t have remote volume control for the sub out?

Thanks.

ppataki

Major Contributor
I cannot comment on the first half but on the second half:
The volume control on the A30 does control the sub out volume too
I have built this system for my brother-in-law where he is using it exactly like that (using a Sabaj A20A in bridge mode as the sub amp)

Generally speaking, having a sub and a sub amp to aid the A30 is a good idea

OP
C

Charaudio

That is good to know, thanks. So I suppose it would be fine to run the Denton’s through another more powerful amp, that is fed from the loxjie’s sub output. I’m supposing the sub output is just a full range (no crossover) line level output?

ppataki

Major Contributor
That is good to know, thanks. So I suppose it would be fine to run the Denton’s through another more powerful amp, that is fed from the loxjie’s sub output. I’m supposing the sub output is just a full range (no crossover) line level output?
No, it is not fullrange, it has a fixed low-pass filter
Hence you can only connect a sub (amp) to that output

OP
C

Charaudio

Ah, that’s disappointing. I was hoping it was like an aux output.

Top Bottom