• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best method for connecting Mirage FRX-S8 subwoofer to a Fosi Audio V3?

garethccc

I'm in a quandary!

I'll insert pictures below for clarity...

I was simply going to use a 3.5mm stereo plug to dual-RCA cable to connect the sub to the pre-out jack on the FA V3. However, the manual for the FRX-S8 states the following:
1000013581.png

Are they saying that the white and red RCA inputs can't be connected at the same time? Or am I mistinterpreting that? I was hoping that you'd simply connect the RCA stereo pair and use the LP Filter to help the sub match with my speakers

Or should I take a different approach and bi-wire the binding posts on the V3 so that I can run speaker wires into the
High Level Input jacks on the subwoofer? This has the advantage of sending the signal through the sub's band pass filter and enabling the volume knob on the V3 to control volume for the speakers and subwoofer in unison.

I'm confused and would greatly appreciate any advice offered on this one - many thanks!

1000013580.jpg

1000013579.jpg

Top Bottom