• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lots of measurements available here with an Audio Precision APx555 B-Series Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

I found this great site with lots of DACS measured with an Audio Precision APx555 B-Series Analyzer.

This will be in addition to the ASR and l7audiolab measurements)

I am now adding this site to my favorites)

DSJR

Major Contributor
Forgive me asking, but is this person fully qualified to offer consultancy services bearing in mind earlier discussions here?

Mind you, I believe a UK based tech reviewer for a high end mag apparently started life as an industrial? chemist before devoting his life to audio thirty odd years ago and he's been reliable enough without seemingly inflating his ego too much :)

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I can't say the opposite) But scientifically, it seems to me that its measurements are well-founded and that the test protocols seem coherent to me, right?
In any case the person was quite transparent in displaying his profile) It's rather appreciable I think
What about Wolf from l7audiolab.com ?

"all done on state of the art equipment. (Audio Precision APx555B analyzer, Agilent and Picoscope scopes, and other tools such as high performance clock dividers or dummy loads where appropriate.)" It’s a pretty good sign, isn’t it?

Let's compare :

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Let's compare :

Different devices:
Gustard DAC-X26 Audio DAC Review.jpg 20210712_182959.jpg

D

Deleted member 21219

Here are comments from his website https://goldensound.audio/about/ :

"I love not only trying and subjectively reviewing gear ....."
"I sit quite firmly in the middle of ‘subjectivist’ and ‘objectivist’."
"... only the deaf follow measurements without ever listening."
"Test condition measurements are no guarantee of good sound ..."
"... there are additionally many excellently performing products which sound quite different to each other."
"Subjective AND objective information are equally important ..."

Seems to be a subjectivist poseur hiding behind fake professionalism.

Jim

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Here are comments from his website https://goldensound.audio/about/ :

"I love not only trying and subjectively reviewing gear ....."
"I sit quite firmly in the middle of ‘subjectivist’ and ‘objectivist’."
"... only the deaf follow measurements without ever listening."
"Test condition measurements are no guarantee of good sound ..."
"... there are additionally many excellently performing products which sound quite different to each other."
"Subjective AND objective information are equally important ..."

Jim
I admit that these comments leave me perplexed....
What interests us are the test and measurement conditions. Even if I don't know who is behind the character: I think we can objectively take an interest in the shared measurements and then draw conclusions)

So I'm going to ask you a question) do the measurements of the Gustard X18 for example objectively seem consistent to you between the ASR test and the Goldensound test?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

What interests us are the test and measurement conditions. Even if I don't know who is behind the character...

We have enough history with this individual that we have a pretty good idea.

I'm not going to delete the thread, but he's not a friend to this forum, and we aren't going to promote or discuss him here.

D

Deleted member 21219

What interests us are the test and measurement conditions. Even if I don't know who is behind the character: I think we can objectively take an interest in the shared measurements and then draw conclusions)

Intentions determine actions. Someone can possess the best equipment in the world, but they can use it to support their own agenda. Part and parcel of objectivity is a dispassionate use of [applicable] instrumentation. This produces data without bias.

Would medical equipment in the hands of a quack and the same equipment in the hands of a dedicated professional produce the same results? Perhaps, and perhaps not. You could never be sure.

I would avoid the quack completely, just on principle.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom