• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for small 2 ch amp with sub pre-out

ck42

Forum Donor
Looking for something like an A07 but that has a sub pre-out.
Just for desktop use so any of the Class D 40-50W/ch with decent performance would do. It's the sub pre-out that is really making things difficult.

Otherwise, I'm looking at using a LOC into a stereo to mono adapter to feed the sub.

Any other suggestions...I'm all ears.

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Looking for something like an A07 but that has a sub pre-out.
Just for desktop use so any of the Class D 40-50W/ch with decent performance would do. It's the sub pre-out that is really making things difficult.

Otherwise, I'm looking at using a LOC into a stereo to mono adapter to feed the sub.

Any other suggestions...I'm all ears.

This review just went up in the last 24 hours, very solid performance and has a 3.5mm pre-out which you should be able to run to a sub without issue. Just use the sub's crossover since you'll presumably be getting a full-band signal out of that 3.5mm output.

[edit] This review specifically mentions using the 3.5mm output to connect a sub.

OP
ck42

ck42

Forum Donor
try the smsl ao200
works well for me
Looks interesting. A little larger footprint than what I'd like and don't need the balanced inputs or LCD, but otherwise looks nice. Thanks.

OP
ck42

ck42

Forum Donor

This review just went up in the last 24 hours, very solid performance and has a 3.5mm pre-out which you should be able to run to a sub without issue. Just use the sub's crossover since you'll presumably be getting a full-band signal out of that 3.5mm output.

[edit] This review specifically mentions using the 3.5mm output to connect a sub.

Just now wondering about this...but for the all important pre-out that I want, does the pre-out on the BT20A Pro follow the volume control level...or is it a straight pass-through that is always at full line level?

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just now wondering about this...but for the all important pre-out that I want, does the pre-out on the BT20A Pro follow the volume control level...or is it a straight pass-through that is always at full line level?
I believe it's controlled by the volume control or one would think the Prime Cables review would mention it. The product manual is not yet on the website, though. Might want to consider e-mailing Fosi to confirm.

In the review thread on ASR someone asked about this and another user confirmed it is volume-controlled, but I'm not sure where they got that info.

https://www.fosiaudio.com/product/2-1-channel-amplifier/bt20a-pro/

Mojo Warrior

You can hook up dual subwoofers and there is a VU meter you can stare at while listening to music (!)

OP
ck42

ck42

Forum Donor

You can hook up dual subwoofers and there is a VU meter you can stare at while listening to music (!)
Yeah, saw that review the other day. Might have worked but I really don't want to deal with the separate volume knob control. For my desk, that would be really inconvenient.

Top Bottom