• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

looking for passive speakers for rock and hard rock music between 500€ and 1000€

Mantra

Hi
i'm looking for passive 2 ways speakers for rock music and hard rock , about metal i listen only the first 5 metallica albums and iron maiden , well dream theather and a lot porcupine tree but they not exactly heavy metal
I like marantz / denon and and after yamaha amps , i use mostly a dac & foobar2000 but sometime cd player
about speakers I like a lot Totem , Mordaunt-Short and Tannoy but they are very pricly
I'm looking passive 2 ways speakers ,or even 3 ways between 500€ and 1000€ , under 1000€ for a relative small room (5 meters x 5 meters) and I don't play music too loud
thanks

Last edited:

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-LX would fit he bill but I'm not sure you can get these in europe. Wharfdale Linton 85 could be option?

Also checkout Elac Uni-Fi and Elac Debut.

D

Deleted member 48726

I laughed a bit of that you only listen to Metallica and Iron Maiden. :p -A man that knows what he likes and stick to it!

First thought that popped into my mind was a pair of Cerwin Vegas? DC15 / AT380SE / VS-150
Those are quality vintage speakers that can be had within your budget.

But that was my first thought which might be wrong as you also write that you don't listen too loud.

What are you looking for in terms of sound? Do you like to feel the drums? Do you have any form of EQ available?
In short; what is good sound to you? -And do you actually know what kind of SPL you listen to at your listening position?
I feel like there are many options for you.

OP
Mantra

Mantra

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-LX would fit he bill but I'm not sure you can get these in europe. Wharfdale Linton 85 could be option?

Also checkout Elac Uni-Fi and Elac Debut.
Hi
May I know where have you get Acoustics Sierra-LX ?
Wharfdale Linton 85 are easy to find even on amazon
on many store i can find only
thanks
I laughed a bit of that you only listen to Metallica and Iron Maiden. :p -A man that knows what he likes and stick to it!

First thought that popped into my mind was a pair of Cerwin Vegas? DC15 / AT380SE / VS-150
Those are quality vintage speakers that can be had within your budget.

But that was my first thought which might be wrong as you also write that you don't listen too loud.

What are you looking for in terms of sound? Do you like to feel the drums? Do you have any form of EQ available?
In short; what is good sound to you? -And do you actually know what kind of SPL you listen to at your listening position?
I feel like there are many options for you.
Hi
I can listen and test very easy these speakers like Blumenhofer Acoustics , Bowers & Wilkins , Definitive technology ,Harbeth ,Magnepan , Melco,Polk Audio,Sonus Faber and TonTräger and Totem pricly ,but what do you think?

it's just boring for me , let's say i like dream theather and a lot porcupine tree (but i won't call them heavy metal)
I live in an appartement , i can not raise a lot the volume
Do you have any form of EQ available?
I like more windows than mac or linux ,but i can use all of them
I can use apo equalizer and foobar2000 has a 31 band eq , and I don't know if I can eq cd player , i guess with an external eq or dac
but i don't use now eq
do you use an hardware EQ?
What are you looking for in terms of sound?
dense and rich music music , i like a lot '90 totem and tannoy speakers and even their actual speakers
I can find only these line in their homepage SL Series XLS Series ,LA Series
thanks

Top Bottom