• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for DAC with "no smooth" sound signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
... especially a well engineered DAC like the E30.
I use the e30II, but I don't think it's that well engineered. It sometimes produces pop noises when the operating voltage is switched on. It does not work via Toslink on my TV. These are problems that my various other DACs from hi-fi manufacturers did not have.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
E 30 is a kind of DAC i like and im looking similar kind of sound, but better.
Try to find a DAC with one of the AKM chips salvaged from the factory. They are the crispiest DAC chips around.

1679842452966.png

OP
G

gescom

If for many of You guys many DAC,s sound the same.....what are You doing on DAC,s forum ? It,s something strange. I was owner of 4 dacs in my life and every dac was sonicly different. I start to understand, that is strange place :))))

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the e30II, but I don't think it's that well designed. It sometimes produces pop noises when the operating voltage is switched on. It does not work via Toslink on my TV. These are problems that my various other DACs from hi-fi manufacturers did not have.
That's a red herring, since the preface for these has been a non broken unit. What you describe, sounds broken, not a sound signature.

OP
G

gescom

Aren’t all modern DAC’s harsh, flat, clinical and boring?

… although, your E30 uses a “Velvet Sound” AKM chip (at least the V1 E30), so who really knows…
No, try Topping E70V. It,s not harsh, flat, clinical sound. It,s smooth ( too much, thats problem for me ), V sound, and please don,t tell me there is no different in sound between DAC,S because now i have E30 and E70V ( will return to the shop ), and they are realy different in sound at the same system.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was owner of 4 dacs in my life and every dac was sonicly different. I start to understand, that is strange place :))))
This is a very good place to start to understand. You obviously have not yet begun. Yes, this place where measurements say one thing, and your ability to hear beyond human auditory range (is your name Clark Kent?), says another and calls us strange. Someone may post a link to Amir's $1000 challenge to identify your sonic signatures in a double blind test. I'll kick in to help pay you for shifting the current prevailing scientific paradigm.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

No, try Topping E70V. It,s not harsh, flat, clinical sound. It,s smooth ( too much, thats problem for me ), V sound, and please don,t tell me there is no different in sound between DAC,S because now i have E30 and E70V ( will return to the shop ), and they are realy different in sound at the same system.
Looks like you have it all figured out then…

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
That's a red herring, since the preface for these has been a non broken unit. What you describe, sounds broken, not a sound signature.
Both e30's I bought had these characteristics. The point I referred to was 'well engineered'. I do not agree with that. (I will probably not buy any more Toppings. I have bought 3 different models so far).

OP
G

gescom

The quality of troll really seems to have been on a downward trend line. Either that or they send the young ones here to practice.
I don,t understand people like you man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom