• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for an upgrade to Presonus eris E5

Gear4musicSuxx

Hi all,

I want to replacement my Presonus monitors, what would be a suitable upgrade around a similar or slightly more expensive price point?

Adam T5V & yamaha HS5 are ones i've been looking at -- because theyre on every website and are so popular. I understand that the "upgrade" might not be much of an upgrade, but my main issue with the presonus is the build quality & lack of low end (which i know 5" monitors will struggle to reproduce).

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi! I just ordered a pair of PreSonus Eris E3.5 to be computer speakers.
  • Very good price
  • Balanced input
  • Compact
  • On/Off switch and volume in the front
  • Tone controls
I'm really favoring functionality rather than sound, as I have another main system.

What's your experience with the E5's?

The Adam's seem to have a very good low end, at least in terms of quantity, for the price and size.

3125b

Major Contributor
In the same price and size category you won't find a serious upgrade.
The new Kali LP-6 2nd Wave look promising and do play a bit lower due to the larger woofer, but are 219€ (similar in USD) each.
That's the lowest bracket that would probably actually be an up- rather than a sidegrade.

EDIT: Well this is a really old thread.
What's your experience with the E5's?
Not the top performers in their class, but certainly a significant upgrade to the 3.5.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Hi! I just ordered a pair of PreSonus Eris E3.5 to be computer speakers.
They didn't measure well at all.
CEA2034.jpg

Preference Score is 1.5 and would be 4.3 with a perfect subwoofer.

I suggest you try the following EQs:
1. Pierre, which will improve the Preference Score is 5.3 with an EQ and would be 8.2 with a perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
2. Maiky

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks guys. :) Lack off bass and absence of sub-bass is not really an issue for the purpose they are intended for. I just wanted a reasonably good response in mids and high to improve the crap speakers I have right now, which simply doesn't allow me to follow a movie. In fact, I use them to watch movies at night or to attend online courses, so a lot of bass would be an issue really, and if I want proper sound I'll use headphones. I just want a good pc speakers really.

Of course, the better I can make them perform, the better.

1. Pierre, which will improve the Preference Score is 5.3 with an EQ and would be 8.2 with a perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
That looks really good, without the first bass band of course ;) The recently installed PulseEffects will do the job.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way, it's a shame I wasn't able to find them on the index because they aren't reviewed by amir. I know it's not that easy, but it's a shame.

Top Bottom