• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for a DAP with a few specific limitations

VladDracule

My workplace has some limitations on what I can use at my desk. Primarily it cannot have ANY wifi/bluetooth capabilities. In the past Ive used an ibasso dx90, but it looks like that isnt produced anymore? I also had heard of the fiio x3 but that also looks like its been discontinued at this point. Main headphones that will be used with it is the HD800s, or u12t's

staticV3

Master Contributor
Two somewhat modern DAPs which do not appear to have any wireless connectivity are the xDuoo X2S and Aune M1p (the basic, non-BT version).

zeropoint

These two are interesting and, though not major brands, might be worth considering since they actually boast about their exclusion of any wireless technology.

"No Bluetooth, No WIFI, No Voice Recorder, etc. ONLY a high resolution MP3 player."
"This Oilsky A66 music player does not support functions such as Bluetooth, Voice recorder, FM Radio, etc. It's only a lossless audio player."

"M8 is a relatively pure digital audio player. It focuses on music and uses professional DSD audio decoding to effectively reproduce realistic scenes with reduced distortion, which means that it does not have functions unrelated to music and would result in sound quality. For example, the Bluetooth function. Because Bluetooth is wireless transmission, subject to the current relatively complex electromagnetic environment, transmission can be intermittent, with varying degrees of impact on sound quality, and does not allow the HiFi player to present the best possible results."

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My workplace has some limitations on what I can use at my desk. Primarily it cannot have ANY wifi/bluetooth capabilities. In the past Ive used an ibasso dx90, but it looks like that isnt produced anymore? I also had heard of the fiio x3 but that also looks like its been discontinued at this point. Main headphones that will be used with it is the HD800s, or u12t's
A mobile phone with airplane mode permanently switched on?

Top Bottom