• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for IEM recommendation and maybe a DAP?

VladDracule

My previous thread got removed...not really sure why maybe the wrong section?

For home use i got a JDSLabs Element III, for music/movies/pc/console gaming paired with my HD800s.

Now I'm looking for a portable setup. Ill likely be traveling by train to LA, which is an overnight trip. I recently got a chord mojo 2, but im not sure what IEMs to go with them. Ill be using them with a switch/steamdeck/rog ally and then also with my ipad for watching movies/music during these trips. The sony Z1R's have me intrigued, but theyre also a few years old at this point, has something better come out?

Also...is the chord mojo 2 overkill if itll only be used with IEMs? I feel like it might be.

The other question i have, is a DAP, but for work it specifically cannot have WIFI or bluetooth, or any wireless capabilities of any kind. however, if it could play nice with apple dynamic playlists thatd be a plus, however im guessing im completely out of luck on that front.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Both of your threads are still up:
Screenshot_20230710-112703_Chrome.png

As for the IEM, I'd let go of the "more money=better sound" mentality and start with the Truthear Red or Truthear Hexa.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
My previous thread got removed...not really sure why maybe the wrong section?

It's still there. It likely needed to be approved after you made an edit.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the Truthear blue and red. The lower bass distortion makes the red better for gaming, but mids sound thinner than the blue. If it's just for music I'd take the blue every time.
I get stuff in all the time and recent ones I'd recommend the Seeaudio Yume II and Sennheiser ie600. If you just want good sound without the hassle or worry it'll be lost or stolen, the $10 Yincrow X6 with an Apple $9 adapter will be fun.

OP
V

VladDracule

It's still there. It likely needed to be approved after you made an edit.
Yeah I think i didnt see the approval message and thought the thread wasnt there the next time i came to the site so i created a new one in a different section, is there a way to delete the other? I only see an edit button

Top Bottom