• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for some IEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDracule

For home use i got a JDSLabs Element III, for music/movies/pc/console gaming paired with my HD800s.

Now I'm looking for a portable setup. Ill likely be traveling by train to LA, which is an overnight trip. I recently got a chord mojo 2, but im not sure what IEMs to go with them. Ill be using them with a switch/steamdeck/rog ally and then also with my ipad for watching movies/music during these trips. The sony Z1R's have me intrigued, but theyre also a few years old at this point, has something better come out?

Also...is the chord mojo 2 overkill if itll only be used with IEMs? I feel like it might be.

The other question i have, is a DAP, but for work it specifically cannot have WIFI or bluetooth, or any wireless capabilities of any kind. however, if it could play nice with apple dynamic playlists thatd be a plus, however im guessing im completely out of luck on that front.

My budget is probably ~2000 on the top end

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
Why Sony Z1R, are you sure you need to spend $1500 an for a hybrid with a "fun" U-shaped tuning? What if there's something for $200 or even $50 that does the job? At least if you don't blow your budget on a single purchase you can try a few sets and figure out which one what you like most. Maybe the shell shape of the Z1R will poke your ears.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Duplicate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom