• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KRK ROKIT 5 G4 vs Genelec 8030c - how much of a difference?

mrmojo

I listened to both of these in a store (1 m distance) and the genelec did sound a bit better, but the difference wasn't huge. The genelec definitely got louder though, which makes sense since it has twice the power.

Is it just my imagination, or are both of these speakers quite similar, despite the huge difference in price?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
It’s all here, both have been reviewed.

I think there is a clear winner. Sure if budget is tight the krks are ok as entry level, but that is for you to decide what it would be worth to you.

Last edited:

Digby

Major Contributor
Is it just my imagination, or are both of these speakers quite similar, despite the huge difference in price?
If that is the conclusion of your ears, then that is what you should follow imo.

monkeyboy

That spin comparison is a fantastic tool....I looked at the estimated in-room response graph between a JBL 308P and a KH 310A, the results were pretty close...I doubt I could distinguish a difference of 1 or 2 dB...

Digby

Major Contributor
That spin comparison is a fantastic tool....I looked at the estimated in-room response graph between a JBL 308P and a KH 310A, the results were pretty close...I doubt I could distinguish a difference of 1 or 2 dB...
I reckon those two speakers would sound quite different, personally.

monkeyboy

The Neumann is what 10x the cost...do you think it sounds 10x better?

1676156313133.png

Digby

Major Contributor
The Neumann is what 10x the cost...do you think it sounds 10x better?
No, not 10 times better, everything with higher performance (beyond a point) comes with increasing cost for diminishing returns. That graph you showed is not enough information to suggest they will sound similar, let alone indistinguishable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom