• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Knives. Knifethread.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pseudoid unfortunately automatics are illegal in Canada.
California is much envied and imitated.... for all the wrong reasons.:rolleyes:

Benchmade - that is out of Oregon - would not ship their auto-knives to Californians.:mad:
wink, wink!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@AdamG247 nice collection of knives and pistols.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Knifemaking is 10/10 interesting!

I don't forge, but I am a solid solid Forged in Fire addict.

I admire y'all's skill at knifemaking.

My favorite kitchen toy is a Horl sharpening kits because a klutz like me can get a good edge....working through the three different sharpening discs is kind of relaxing, too.

(I like Knife or Death, too.)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
If it's kosher to ask here, how do you like the Sig 1911?
I like it. It’s a touch pricey but I’m an old fart and carry nothing but a 1911 on my hip. It’s a nail driver and functions flawlessly with any ammo I feed it. The rounded butt fits into my hand perfectly. Let the gun pick you. If it doesn’t fit your hand then you will always have problems with it. That’s my opinion anyway.

I do have other gun that’s not a 1911 and that is my SHTF grab. FNH 5.7, 20 in the mag 1 in the chamber.

Anton D

I like it. It’s a touch pricey but I’m an old fart and carry nothing but a 1911 on my hip. It’s a nail driver and functions flawlessly with any ammo I feed it. The rounded butt fits into my hand perfectly. Let the gun pick you. If it doesn’t fit your hand then you will always have problems with it. That’s my opinion anyway.

I do have other gun that’s not a 1911 and that is my SHTF grab. FNH 5.7, 20 in the mag 1 in the chamber.
I am a 1911 person, as well. (It's also nice for cleaning and stuff to be working on the same platform every time. Like Southwest using only on kind of plane!)

I have a Kimber Custom II with a light rail, and Eclipse in 10mm (I love the 10mm the best), and when my kids were young and we'd go to the range, we have a Springfield Arms 1911 in 9mm and a Kimber 'stainless' 9mm 1911.

My wife has a Sig 226 E2...she is the Robin Hood of targets. She starts a session high and right, then 2 shots to get set, and then you only see one hole in the target from then one. She's jaw dropping.

I have a terrible habit of standing with my felt foot 'relaxing' over my right foot when I shoot, but works out OK. I like shooting off hand, as well.

Thanks for your great pics!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AdamG

Forum Donor
Sounds like this topic deserves its own post... oooooh!:facepalm:
It won’t be me starting it. Creating a Gun Thread in an Audio Forum is asking for trouble. Last thing I want to do here. So I’m going to say no thanks! Appreciate the gesture Sir.

Anton D

It won’t be me starting it. Creating a Gun Thread in an Audio Forum is asking for trouble. Last thing I want to do here. So I’m going to say no thanks! Appreciate the gesture Sir.
That's my fault, I will not mention it further. I meant no endorsements or politics.

Interesting last fact: we audiophiles need to be careful with shooting. Avid shooters are at high risk for 1,000 Hz and 4K-6K Hz hearing response dips (and tinnitus) that can be quite large and even asymmetrical.

Apologies for drift from knives. Those were great pics.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It won’t be me starting it.
I was being somewhat sarcastic and had chosen my words not to placate anyone or any discussion.
I have no beef with its infusion here but some others may become o_O .
I was trying to come up with a wise-crack like posting a picture of weapons that go boom or melt other things but I restrained myself.
CoS:
202311_CRKT-VanHoy.jpg

It's a 'trick' knife by CRKT/VanHoy design... p'haps early 1990s...

Last edited:

AdamG

Forum Donor
I can go delete.
Absolutely not necessary but your offer is very kind. Thank you for that. I am the one who posted pictures of the guns and only because all my knife collection pictures seem to have a gun included. :facepalm: No one is to blame here except for me. So far no one has complained. I have many more pictures but every pic has a gun included. Maybe I can figure out how to edit the photo to cut out that part. In the meantime I will hold off on posting further.

AdamG

Forum Donor
That’s a really cool display! A knife Board and a wall art all rolled into one. If I may ask, how exactly is each knife affixed to the board? Magnet’s imbedded or glued into the wood is my initial guess. Cool looking display :cool::cool:

goryu

Magnets were my first though but many of the knives have non-magnetic blades, parts, so that was out. What I ended up doing is drilling a set of two small holes about 3/8" apart for each knife in rows. I threaded an elastic cord from the back side through the first hole in the row and weaved it back through the front second hole to the back, then repeated back and forth, front to back, finishing the last hole in the row from the front to the back. I tied the two ends together on the back side. You pull the little 3/8" long section between the holes on the front out and inch or so and put the pocket clip through the loop. The elastic contracts and holds the knives tight to the board. Had to play around a little with the tension on the cord as some knives were heavier, some lighter.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Had a nice walnut cutoff to start with!

398223176_10161314519220667_2315700138090075475_n.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is our only gun-toting family member:
202311_ArmedDuckie.jpg

If you must know; He is the latest (last week) addition to my mate's collection of 600+ rubber-duckies...:facepalm:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Magnets were my first though but many of the knives have non-magnetic blades, parts, so that was out...
Don't get mad!
I got this idea after seeing your impressive display and I remembered my post with the knife-on-wood photo:
Bob Dozier's 'Arkansas Toothpick' interpretation:
View attachment 318579
Can you modify the display so that all the knives are shown in their fully open positions?

goryu

Don't get mad!
I got this idea after seeing your impressive display and I remembered my post with the knife-on-wood photo:

Can you modify the display so that all the knives are shown in their fully open positions?
If every other row was removed one could have the remaining knives with the blades open. I don't want them open- they are all quite sharp and if someone bumped into it there would be a lot of blood to clean up.

Top Bottom