• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii Three/BXT

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They are remarkably cheap looking/ugly speakers for something that is going to cost in the region of £9K. Or at any price really.

They have an industrial street side cabinet look about them.

Or something that Amstrad might have aspired to in the 80's :p

MKR

Major Contributor
I would also quite like to hear of your latest exploits, perhaps start another thread the mods will never know!
Best
Keith
Appreciate the sentiment, but not sure I want to go through that again. Unless certain people can remain objective/unbiased when certain other people (speaker companies) are mentioned (I am sure you know of whom I speak), which they certainly would be mentioned, I am very hesitant to potentially have to deal with people behaving like toddlers again. Maybe I will reach out to the mods and get their thoughts. I would love to re-start the discussion, but again, likely not worth the trouble. And note I have had several folks DM me asking status of my quest and to please re-start the discussion, you aren't the only one :)

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Appreciate the sentiment, but not sure I want to go through that again. Unless certain people can remain objective/unbiased when certain other people (speaker companies) are mentioned (I am sure you know of whom I speak), which they certainly would be mentioned, I am very hesitant to potentially have to deal with people behaving like toddlers again. Maybe I will reach out to the mods and get their thoughts. I would love to re-start the discussion, but again, likely not worth the trouble. And note I have had several folks DM me asking status of my quest and to please re-start the discussion, you aren't the only one :)
Count me in!

@Purité Audio - seems like poor form from Kii. They screwed the dealer in Aus recently, who did all the work establishing/promoting the brand here.
No doubt the new speakers will be excellent though.

MKR

Major Contributor
Count me in!

@Purité Audio - seems like poor form from Kii. They screwed the dealer in Aus recently, who did all the work establishing/promoting the brand here.
No doubt the new speakers will be excellent though.
@AudioJester Well, it looks like your request will be granted. I chatted with the mods and they have no issue for a “endgame pt 2” thread … stay tuned ;)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Speakers are good, but for example they recently discovered after what eight years that gloss white cost a lot so from being a ‘standard ‘ colour it is now a premium ( or whatever they are calling it) and is now £2k extra!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I believe that is the new ‘standard’ matt white,
Keith

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do we have any measurements? Of the BXT module specifically.

I heard them at a show and watched all of the woofers strain to hit moderate SPL in a smallish hotel room.
Here.

Morla

Forum Donor
I'm still tempted to buy BXT pre owned in black or red. Just for the looks of those woofers. Kii did a nice job in having this "upgrade" feature. But after the price increase.. cant justify buying new. Are those measurements on the polish site good?
Here.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Don’t know about the Polish measurements but here the bxts hardly changed the FR at all extension was the same there was probably 3-4dB more bass at the very low end, distortion was way lower though.
You can switch the BXTs on/off from the Kii ‘control’ honestly I couldn’t hear much difference in the room/at the distance/ and levels we were playing at ie normal,
Keith

Top Bottom