• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii Three/BXT

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A new set of Kii Threes/BXT appearing at PA London soon, perhaps Nando ( chicken restaurant) grey,

Kii news perhaps a smaller Kii for the summer?
Keith

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s Nardo grey no chickens/periperi sauce involved.
Keith

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Kii seems to launch a new model, will be introduced at the dutch audio event:

Rumor or true? @Purité Audio

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There has been talk of a new smaller model for ages but I have no details of the specification.
The U.K. distributor made it a condition that retailers had to buy a full KII/BXT rig before they would be allowed to sell the new smaller model, that doesn’t sit well with me I am afraid.
Keith

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kii Seven is true and coming, my local dealer also got the note.

Edit: here it is.

376424143_18356294956077992_9077229508208354932_n.jpg

Last edited:

MKR

Major Contributor
I first saw this and thought wow, a new larger Kii! Now this is very interesting. Then I realize it is actually a smaller speaker. I want a LARGER model, not smaller. Why would Kii do this? The 3 is already small. Unless they are looking at the “lifestyle” market (ugh)?

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I first saw this and thought wow, a new larger Kii! Now this is very interesting. Then I realize it is actually a smaller speaker. I want a LARGER model, not smaller. Why would Kii do this? The 3 is already small. Unless they are looking at the “lifestyle” market (ugh)?
I presume, much like the 8C, the magic (cardioid) is above ~100Hz. Below that, placement becomes critical. So, my guess is the smaller unit is a cheaper option (sales to a wider audience are also a big factor, of course) for those wishing to integrate subs. It sounds like D&D is doing something similar, but only after their larger model is released.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The U.K. distributor made it a condition that retailers had to buy a full KII/BXT rig before they would be allowed to sell the new smaller model, that doesn’t sit well with me I am afraid.
Keith
Does that happen often with other brands? Or ever really? Sounds like a low punch way to push the sales of bigger systems, or at least move them from the warehouse to dealers. I would expect big discounts on the bxt rigs after a while

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is small about the Three + BXT? Sure there are larger floorstanding speakers out there, but the Three + BXT already goes deep and plays loud AFAIK.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Seven is welcome at a lower price point. Something to compete with the great Mesanovic CDM65 at 5.3k usd.

MKR

Major Contributor
What is small about the Three + BXT? Sure there are larger floorstanding speakers out there, but the Three + BXT already goes deep and plays loud AFAIK.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Seven is welcome at a lower price point. Something to compete with the great Mesanovic CDM65 at 5.3k usd.
Kii+BXT output not sufficient for my use case, anymore than the 8C is. Looking forward to the 12C, sure hope it is a floorstander! (are you listening @Martijn Mensink ? ;))

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Unfortunately you are in the minority, I imagine a smaller Kii will do pretty well, I predict retail of £9k the original price of the ‘3’.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Does that happen often with other brands? Or ever really? Sounds like a low punch way to push the sales of bigger systems, or at least move them from the warehouse to dealers. I would expect big discounts on the bxt rigs after a while
Not that I can recollect, I find it all slightly ironic as we were the first UK retailers to represent Kii , first to have the BXT and always recommended the speaker even when Kii removed us as retailers.
Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
Unfortunately you are in the minority, I imagine a smaller Kii will do pretty well, I predict retail of £9k the original price of the ‘3’.
Keith
Never said it wouldn’t do well, just not what I was hoping for when I first saw the teaser … I am sure it will be very successful given the push towards “lifestyle” systems…. But again, not at all what I am looking for in my hunt (yes, I am still on the quest for the endgame), go big or go home

prestigetone

Never said it wouldn’t do well, just not what I was hoping for when I first saw the teaser … I am sure it will be very successful given the push towards “lifestyle” systems…. But again, not at all what I am looking for in my hunt (yes, I am still on the quest for the endgame), go big or go home
You're almost a year into your search. What are you leaning towards?

Curvature

Major Contributor
Three + BXT already goes deep and plays loud
Do we have any measurements? Of the BXT module specifically.

I heard them at a show and watched all of the woofers strain to hit moderate SPL in a smallish hotel room.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Why did that happen? If you don't mind.
Purely by chance someone mentioned that I should check out a new Dutch company D&D hadn’t actually released the 8Cs at that point, Kii objected that I was selling a ‘direct competitor’ and kicked me off , pathetic really.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t want to derail this thread, so will send you a DM
I would also quite like to hear of your latest exploits, perhaps start another thread the mods will never know!
Best
Keith

Top Bottom