• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef Q150 Connection Help

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my new Kef Q150 and I'm excited. My brain is having a tough time figuring out how I can connect the two speakers to my XDuoo TA-22 Dac/Amp. My DAC/Amp only has red (right) and white (left) input for the Tube and a separate for the DAC.

How do I go about connecting the two wires from each speaker to a single RED and a single WHITE for left and right?

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my new Kef Q150 and I'm excited. My brain is having a tough time figuring out how I can connect the two speakers to my XDuoo TA-22 Dac/Amp. My DAC/Amp only has red (right) and white (left) input for the Tube and a separate for the DAC.

How do I go about connecting the two wires from each speaker to a single RED and a single WHITE for left and right?
The XDuoo TA-22 is only a headphone amp and is not capable of driving speakers. You will need to purchase an additional power amp for it to drive your Kef Q150 speakers.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
You can't. You have a headphone amplifier that is not intended to power loudspeakers.

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This method is simplistic, but should work for you:

Check your speaker specs: 100W @ 8Ω, 86 dB Sens., 2-way, 51-28kHz +/-3dB

Q150 speakers are reasonably easy to drive and any good amp with a rated power of half to 1.5x the max power of 100W should be fine.
  1. Set a budget.
  2. Go to the ASR Master Audio Review Index.
  3. Click on the Advanced Search icon.
  4. In "Device Type" enter "Amplifier."
  5. Set the price range to 0 and your max budget.
  6. Set recommended to "Yes."
  7. Click the search button.
Review the results and check out amps that look like they will meet your needs. You will also want to consider reliability, ease of use, return policy, warranty period, but I wouldn't necessarily let those drive your complete decision.

My 2-cents...

Last edited:
Top Bottom