• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kali LP-6 vs Focal Alpha 50 Evo vs Tannoy Gold 5 vs Adam T5V

Gear4musicSuxx

Hi all,

im looking for some monitors to replace my Eris e5 speakers that i use for music production.

ive narrowed down my choice down to:
Kali LP-6
Focal Alpha 50 Evo
Tannoy Gold 5
Adam T5V

how would you rate each one, and why? Also, are there any other monitors I should add to the mix?

thanks

wacomme

I own the Adam monitors, but haven’t listened to the others. I’ll be interested in this post too.

OP
G

Gear4musicSuxx

I ended up getting Adam T7V -- not the T5V mentioned in this post.

for about a year ive been asking the question & never really got clear answer. People love the kali speakers but I'm happy very with Adam's. I think the Focal Alpha 50 could be best from what i read, but they were slightly more expensive. Overall, i needed an upgrade asap & the Adam T7Vs are leaps and bounds better than the previous monitors i had. & I really wanted that high frequency resolution the ribbon tweeters provide.

the rare port may be an issue -- if it is ill save up & get the focals. Focals and Adams are best of the bunch imo & in others eyes who make music

Last edited:

violao

Some years ago when I was all hot and heavy for the Yamaha HS8s, I had demoed the Adam A7X and the TV7s against the Yamahas. I liked both Adams better than the Yamaha HS8 in the room that day. I spent about an hour critically listening to my very own studio recordings, as other much better produced tracks. Both Adams won the day.

My other experience is only listening to the Focal Shape 40 and Shape 50 against the Yamaha HS8s in another shop. I preferred the Focals that day. This past summer (2022) I purchased the Kali LP-6 v2. They were just too good with general reviews and their value for money. I am pleased and can hear into my mixes better. I think the TV7s are slightly better, but value for money goes to the Kali. The A7X sounded overly bright, but in a studio I was recording at downtown, they sounded rather balanced in the treated room.
Sadly, I have no experience with the Tannoys.

Top Bottom