• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JDS introduce Atom Amp 2 and Atom DAC 2, over twice the power, metal build, $129

Blorg

• All metal build
  • USB C on the DAC, power switch on the unit
  • 2.65W @32Ω, this is knob at 100%, full voltage (9.22V)
  • you almost certainly don't need this but YOLO
  • basically same power at 600Ω (143mW vs 136mW, 9.28V)
  • new 4.4mm is single ended and same power as the 6.35mm
  • the noise/distortion numbers are a bit better, most notable increases being the high gain SINAD (107dB -> 120dB) and the 50mV (90dB -> 93dB)
  • Atom Amp+ / DAC+ will still be sold
  • $129 each
Looks like a nice little upgrade for a bit more money.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Great news! I love my Atom+ DAC but the lightweight case was a slight issue. I think the measurements look good and the new units look great together. JDS Labs marches on!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very good news. There's a screw on the bottom I'd take apart to add more weights to them. Shielding was a concern, but the JDS Atom+ stack sounded so good. Going to check one of these out after the holidays.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Amp already reviewed! Looks like a nice little box.

Swift

Damn i was just about to buy the schiit stack and then I saw this. In your opinion which do you think is better?

aagstn

I really like what JDS Labs is doing, but the Modi+ having a Coax input to go with optical and USB is important to me. I actually do use all three. I also like the Loki and since I need that why not have all the little boxes match I guess. JDS Labs is a great option though and I'm glad to see them improving already good products.

Top Bottom