• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

It is now possible to stream LDAC from Windows without VM, dongle, or other shenanigans.

OnLyTNT

A Virtual Linux machine on a Windows host also does the job but the licence is cheap enough and the person behind it really nailed it, also added AptX codecs. With the latest version I have zero complains (also changed my Wi-fi router which I think deters the LDAC performance)

nanook

My Fujitsu S936 Laptop (built in Bluetooth 4.2) did only support SBC according the "Bluetooth Tweaker", so I tried the "Alternate A2DP Driver" (https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com/a2dp/).
Installation and handling is absolutely straight forward - I'm usually a bit shy to replace device drivers, but the process to activate the driver and to return to the Microsoft driver is nicely built into the GUI of this App, so this is no issue at all.

I used 2 instances of the REW:
- one instance to feed the SMSL D6s either via LDAC 96kS/s, 24bit, High-Quality or via USB
- the other instance to receive the audio with an RME Fireface UC
The D6s output and the FFUC input were connected with a symmetric XLR -> TRS cable.
The distance between Laptop and D6s was ca. 4m.

Multitone was 1/3 Octave between 10Hz and 40kHz, Generator level was adjusted to stay a few dB below clipping.
In a 2nd set of measurements I reduced the generator level in the REW by 30dB (accidentally by 40dB for the USB source so do not wonder about the level).
(For some reason I have not figured out, I had do reduce the volume by a few dB at the D6s volume control when playing via USB compared to LDAC)

The results are indeed more than encouraging - I can fully confirm the good results earlier in this thread. There is something "fuzzy" going on at 20kHz and beyond, but I don't really worry; around 20kHz we're talking about ca. 80dB below the neighboring tones,

--> No doubt, this driver is a great solution when you want to use a Bluetooth connection under w10. And LDAC is a great BT connection.

Attachments

• Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_LDAC.png
    Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_LDAC.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_LDAC_30dB-Att-in-REW.png
    Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_LDAC_30dB-Att-in-REW.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_USB.png
    Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_USB.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_USB_40dB-Att-in-REW.png
    Multitone_96kS_SMSL-D6s_RME-FFUC_USB_40dB-Att-in-REW.png