• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is my room weird?

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Below are Dirac measurements of one of my mains and of my subs. The mains FR seems so erratic that it has me confused - is something seriously wrong going on that I should be worried about? Dirac corrects it nicely, but I am curious if this kind of response is a sign of some underlying issue. My mains are JBL 708P.

Another question I have is crossover setting - Dirac (I use Dirac Live Bass Control with my Monoprice HTP-1 processor) automatically selects 70Hz as the crossover. I have two Rythmiks FM8 subs plus a REL sub (FR show below is of the 10" REL Sub). I got the FM8s to use as mid-bass modules to relieve the 708Ps from mid-bass frequencies in the hopes of getting better dynamics. If I set the FM8s in the mid-bass mode, DLBC doesn't account for it and treats all 3 subs as one, thus defeating my intent. Should I trust Dirac and assume that the 708P are good enough to handle down to 70Hz?

Thanks

Dec-16-2020-front-left.jpg

Dec-16-2020-rel-sub.jpg

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Without smoothing, things can look horrible at first. Can't really comment properly about Dirac and multsub & mid bass driver integration as my experience is nada with such implementations.

Top Bottom