• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IPhone, headphones and EQ with Apple Music. Is Qudelix-5K the only choice?

Paolo

As stated in the title, my particular reality is that I listen to music on the iPhone through Apple Music.
I’ve spent quite some money on the workstation setup, the DAC, the amp and the speakers, but even at home I pretty much only listen from the iPhone.

The Apple dongle is perfectly fine for all my headphones, but what would really make it for me is to add the ability to add parametric EQ to the chain.

I don’t know of any app that can EQ while using the Apple music app, this of course would be my first choice since I could add software EQ without eliminating the lossless cable connection. It seems like the Qudelix-5K could be sort of a solution, do you know of other options, maybe better, and wired?

The other requirements are: no bulky or DIY solutions, it has to be practical, small (even better if it’s just an app) and ready to use, and ideally it shouldn’t cost more than the phone itself… please.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
As stated in the title, my particular reality is that I listen to music on the iPhone through Apple Music.
I’ve spent quite some money on the workstation setup, the DAC, the amp and the speakers, but even at home I pretty much only listen from the iPhone.

The Apple dongle is perfectly fine for all my headphones, but what would really make it for me is to add the ability to add parametric EQ to the chain.

I don’t know of any app that can EQ while using the Apple music app, this of course would be my first choice since I could add software EQ without eliminating the lossless cable connection. It seems like the Qudelix-5K could be sort of a solution, do you know of other options, maybe better, and wired?

The other requirements are: no bulky or DIY solutions, it has to be practical and ready to use, and ideally it shouldn’t cost more than the phone itself… please.

Thanks in advance :)
Well- the 5k operates in wired usb mode too...

OP
Paolo

Paolo

It doesn’t seem the best way to use it with an iPhone, but more to the point of my inquiry, the 5K is not an alternative to the 5K to evaluate… :D

Btw, the Qudelix is already in my Amazon cart, i just want to know if there are other options.

Music1969

Major Contributor
OP
Paolo

Paolo

Already had another thread like this:

Thanks, but it is only almost the same. In your thread it’s all about bulky, transportable builds, not really portable.
I’m asking if there is something better than the Qudelix to EQ Apple Music on the iPhone. Don’t want to sound rude, I’m genuinely trying to understand if my post is ambiguous since the first two replies are clearly not answering my inquiry. Maybe I should rephrase it.

Music1969

Major Contributor
In your thread it’s all about bulky, transportable builds, not really portable.
Hmmm #1 and #3 options in opening post are bulky?

Anyway, we have to wait for a Qudelix 5K follow-up - it is 1 of a kind (still)

Last edited:
OP
Paolo

Paolo

Hmmm #1 and #3 options in opening post are bulky?

Anyway, we have to wait for a Qudelix 5K follow-up - it is 1 of a kind (still)
No, you’re right, the DSP IL isn’t bulky, the thread though is all about battery powered devices that will definitely not fit in a pocket :)

staticV3

Master Contributor
seems like it works only with “SoundID” enabled headphones
Apparently, both Apps and certain headphones are supported:
Screenshot_20230211-130806_Chrome.png
Now do they mean the companion apps that go with the headphone, or streaming apps like Spotify etc? I don't know

OP
Paolo

Paolo

SoundID enabled devices:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Perhaps I am repeating the OP question. I don't think it was answered. I am in the same predicament:

Is there a way to EQ my headphones with the player being an iPhone, in my case a iPhone 13 Pro.
Would the Qudelix connect to the iPhone (stupid) Lightning Port, and the headphones connected to the Qudelix via Cable or BT?
Or do I connect the Qudelix to the iPhone via BT and the headphones or IEM are connected t with a cable to the Qudelix?
Or can the Qudelix connect via BT to the iPhone and BT to the headphones?

Peace.

P.S. Ordered the Qudelix 5 K, yesterday via Amazon US, I'll get it in a month or so...

Top Bottom